Is Lemonsquad a good choice to check out a Viper before closing the deal?

John333

VCA Member
Reaction score
Little background on how I got here (where's here: I bought a Viper on ebay today--about the last thing I thought that I would ever do!): I did a ton of research on the first 2 generations and decided to narrow my search to just 2 years. For about the last month and a half, I've been looking for a reasonably priced, clean, low mileage 2001-2002 Viper. (Got a lot of replies from overseas scammers.) I focused mainly on RT/10s at first, but began to like the GTS as much or more. Thirty miles away, a Graphite Metal RT/10 with 8K miles was on consignment at an exotic car dealership. Calling on it, I learned it was back at the owner's house. I waited a few weeks for a call to come see it (still waiting), but kept looking just the same. My wife had a preference for the Sapphire Blue with Cognac interior, but the only two RT/10s I'd seen for sale each had a little over 26k miles. I wanted to stay under half that. Then last week a clean, original Sapphire Blue with 10K miles turned up on ebay. Located on opposite coast, I checked shipping costs and submitted a fair bid. To my surprise, I won the bid. A shipping company recommended Lemonsquad. The Viper is in Carmel, CA. The owner bought it 2 years ago and had it shipped to CA. Anyone have a better recommendation than Lemonsquad? BTW, sorry for long post.

ViperEnvy99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the purchase - all of us in the VA/MD/DC/DE area look forward to seeing it!

Frank Barba maybe. Not sure when he is swinging out west next. You can find him here under frankbarba. If not, then he'd probably have a good recommendation.

OP
OP
John333

John333

VCA Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation. It is very much appreciated as I am obviously new to this community. In my twenties, I owned a '68 Shelby Cobra GT500 and loved it. The torque of a 428 cubic inch big block in what was essentially a Mustang made the car a blast to drive. Once snake bitten, I never forgot the pleasure of driving a car with big block power. I'm so looking forward to getting used to (and enjoying) that power again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh