Is the Viper OFFICIALLY ending production after 2017?

Renegade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I keep hearing different things. One is that the Viper is just moving production, not ending it. Another is that the Viper may take a couple of years hiatus and return with a new redesign. And other rumors say the Viper production is actually ending over an Airbag design, or something to that effect.

Does anybody know what is exactly going on?

OP
OP
R

Renegade

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The air bag story is the only one that has merit

Hi ViperJeff, thanks for the reply.

So will Viper production continue past 2017?

Also how can I convince my wife that the 2002 Viper GTS ACR is a great family car?

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
No idea if there will be another production year. With that said, I've always believed there will. A dollar and my opion still won't get you a cup of coffee

The second question is easy...... The right kind of jewelry and a full sized SUV as a back up is a good start

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper will allow you to have a much better state of mind and be more emotionally present for your family as opposed to not having it and being frustrated, angry and distant. You need to put her in touch with your feelings in a multi lingual way.

broomrider

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi ViperJeff, thanks for the reply.

So will Viper production continue past 2017?

Also how can I convince my wife that the 2002 Viper GTS ACR is a great family car?

Well, speaking from a wife stand point jewelry is always a great bargaining tool. However, if there are many ways to about this to get what you want.

1. If there is something that you know her heart desires, use that to your Advantage. Example, if there is a trip she's been wanting to take, surprise her with it to butter her bread or suggest that you will take her on the trip if she let's you
Have the Viper.
2. Apologize after buying the Viper but have said jewelry in hand:D
3.Use Bob's explanation
4. Take her for a kick *** test drive and show her what the two of you have been ms sing out on.
5. Last but not least, the sneaky method: lots of alcohol. Pre purchase car and after many drinks move car in the driveway, when he wakes up the next morning tell her, " well you said I could last night so I bought it" :lmao:

Woops that last one was my go to. I meant she. I really did:D

Last edited:

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did someone say jewelry?! :D
Some of you on this site, and all of the North Texas Viper peeps, know I'm a wholesale jeweler, diamond broker and jewelry designer. And let me tell you from first hand experience, jewelry works everytime. Weather it's new trinkets for my Viper, old Shelby or racing with my buddies nothing "da bling" seems to smooth things over with my better half (The War Department, as I like to call her). Let me know if you guys need anything, anytime.
On the Viper discontuening thing, I heard that the motor was only certified through 2017 and that's why it's going away.

ViperRT98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I told my wife that the car is a potential investment.... this is a car I can still drive and have fun with and at the same time not lose depreciation on... I strongly believe in 10 years I should be able to sell the car for A lot more than what I pay for it and this is American made exotic supercar.... just over the past year the NADA value actually increased over $3,000... so if I sold it for an average condition Viper which Mine is above-average and overall condition I would have made already $7,000 on a car.. however I plan to keep mine for a very long time...

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it's as simple as that, but you will certainly be able to drive it for 10 years and get every penny back. Great useable investment.

dsevo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it's fairly clear that there won't be a 2018 model, but my question is whether there will be a 2017 model. The side airbag law (FMVSS #226) doesn't require compliance until September 2017, but I keep reading articles that 2016 may be the last model year for Viper. I haven't seen anything written about a 2017 model, and being that its spring already, that surprises me.

GRANGER73

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2017 does offer the opportunity to produce a 25th anniversary model so it might happen.

ViperJeff

Legacy Member
VCA Member
Reaction score
Hey, the best way to skirt the airbag issue is to have a year of Verts

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave