Is this Stock?

WSAYERS80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Car is being repainted, Rockers are off among other things and it looks like the previous owner used header wrap around the cats. I am assuming that's not stock. I noticed the pipes were in rough shape so Im thinking about having them redone when she is out of paint. Also it looks like there is 2 cats?

You must be registered for see images attach

RT/ED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No way is the wrap stock. I would be concerned about fire, especially if these are stock cats. If you are looking to eliminate the heat issues, go with hi-flow cats or cat deletes (srtraight pipe.

OP
OP
W

WSAYERS80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Header wrap is pretty much non flammable. However I have had it cause cracking on the headers I Had at the time. My guess was that the wrap was wet or became wet while I was driving. Anyways this set up here was the first time I saw whats under the rockers. I was told that the Viper was dynode at 706hp when I purchased it. However I immediatey called BS on that being that I saw absolutely zeorr engine mods. I saw 3'' Borla Duals and K&N intakes that's it. No way its 706.. Now I see header wrap that's showing its age. Just wasn't sure if it was Stock as an attempt to eleviate the heat issues.

Bugman Jeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unless you're using 304 or 316 stainless, header wrap will rust your pipes away, even if it never gets wet. It traps too much heat in the pipes causing the metal to oxidize faster than normal. Stock pipes are 409 stainless, which will still rust(all be it slower than regular steel).

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
706 RW? I've never seen any N/A Gen 2 Viper that made those numbers.

OP
OP
W

WSAYERS80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know Drumr... I am totally with you. I agree.. Just telling you what the previous owner said.. I am almost positive its close to 500-525rwhp

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know Drumr... I am totally with you. I agree.. Just telling you what the previous owner said.. I am almost positive its close to 500-525rwhp

Maybe he had a couple of turbos on there, dynode and then took em off! ;-)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unrelated thought when looking at the photo: Check the bottom of the overflow bottle in the fascia to ensure that it is not cracked or partially punctured over the years. When you replace the fascia, take the screw that is installed directly under the bottle and grind the sharp point off, maybe 0.125-0.25 inch. Save someone the possibility of a puncture in the future. (Happened to my car before I bought it and quite a few others posted here through the years.)

OP
OP
W

WSAYERS80

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I actually just replaced it with a brand new bottle. I'm thinking about stainless bolts with lock washers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets