issues with my viper

khundaqji

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hi all im new to this forum , i have ran into an issue with my snake, my crankshaft blew up is there by any chance i could sort out a used crankshaft
cause i cant seem to find any

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Sorry for your troubles. It would help to know the year of your Viper, extent of damage, etc. Are you doing rebuild yourself? There are folks on this forum who can help with most issues depending on your plans such as stock or upgrade...or, contact Arrow.

OP
OP
K

khundaqji

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hello steve , i own a 2006 9000miles on the clock viper, i **** my car to service to change the oil and filter ,so the next day i wanted to go out for a drive my car had a car time starting ,after it started
i heard a bop bop bop bop sound so i though one of the cylinders isn't working ,turned it off and switched on again , and then the crankshaft started doing some noise , **** it to the dealer they told me my crank bearing is out
and my crankshaft have some type scratches on ,so they advised me change my crankshaft , and do a full overhaul on a 9000 miles car :S
im planning to upgrade and modify the car but i cant seem to find anything on the web for our cars tried to contact mahle, wisco, eagle all the guys have nothing for viper
so im kind lost

Rnj1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Talon has a point, I took my car to get an oil change, spec'd mobil synthetic 0-40 and loitered... they pulled out some other weight, and the oil change guy (not calling him a tech) stated it was not a problem! They did it all the time.. I say Nay Nay, you bcan 'do it all the time' on YOUR car.. A little dialogue continued and he pulled out an oil that was 5-40 for turbo diesel trucks, again, I say Nay Nay.. an hour later, after two trips to the parts store.. they put in the oil.. I do the warm up, I do the drive in, drive out..I check the oil.. I think something happened, crankshafts don't go boom without reason.. oil? Oil type? oil in driveway?? keep us posted..

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talon has a point, I took my car to get an oil change, spec'd mobil synthetic 0-40 and loitered... they pulled out some other weight, and the oil change guy (not calling him a tech) stated it was not a problem! They did it all the time.. I say Nay Nay, you bcan 'do it all the time' on YOUR car.. A little dialogue continued and he pulled out an oil that was 5-40 for turbo diesel trucks, again, I say Nay Nay.. an hour later, after two trips to the parts store.. they put in the oil.. I do the warm up, I do the drive in, drive out..I check the oil.. I think something happened, crankshafts don't go boom without reason.. oil? Oil type? oil in driveway?? keep us posted..

A friends grandpas friend had a Ford Lightning (low miles, like less than 30k IIRC) and went to a chain oil change place and they forgot the oil. He drove across a 5 lane road to the other side and it locked up on him. They wanted to replace it with a used 150k motor and he laughed at them and said "no, youre putting a NEW motor in it" and if i remember correctly, his lawyer backed him up. Dont think he had to go to court though.

OP
OP
K

khundaqji

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will tear down the engine tonight and prepare it to upgrade the internals
ive check the engine oil it turned out to be low ....

here are both of my babies the vert and the snake

Attachments

• FullSizeRender[81186].jpg
    FullSizeRender[81186].jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 24
  • FullSizeRender[81188].jpg
    FullSizeRender[81188].jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 33

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will tear down the engine tonight and prepare it to upgrade the internals
ive check the engine oil it turned out to be low ....

here are both of my babies the vert and the snake

If it was low the day after you got it changed, then the place who did the oil change OWES you big time..

OP
OP
K

khundaqji

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did speak to them , they said they are not responsible for any damages happen out of the shop, im mad as hell tried to report them to police , they said i should have inspected :S

OP
OP
K

khundaqji

Enthusiast
Reaction score
im trying to find arrow i cant seem to find him on the forum
does he have a site i could contact him on ?

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i did speak to them , they said they are not responsible for any damages happen out of the shop, im mad as hell tried to report them to police , they said i should have inspected :S

Thats bull****. Call a lawyer, if youre in the US, contact your local Bar Association website and they usually can make a referral for free.

OP
OP
K

khundaqji

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for ur concern talon
Sadly I'm not in the states and the law over here kinda messed up when it comes to automotive side

TalonTSi90

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres gotta be something in the documents you would have signed authorizing the work they did on your car. Thats why they have (or should have) liability insurance, and WHY dear god would you check their work if you pay them to do it?

Rnj1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
... if there is no recourse, then hopefully you can get it fixed.. and be back rolling. I have had some expensive lessons, and when all was said and done, I learned.. moved on.. if the shop was responsible, they should make good or suffer the name that goes with shoddy work.. best wishes

OP
OP
K

khundaqji

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sadly due to my good faith in bushiness and people i didn't keep any receipt, lesson learnt , guys i need some advice i want to rebuild the motor down up do u recommend to run a stroker kit or keep it oem
if to the stroker kit , what kit do you recommend me , if stock where can i find a used one

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper