It is that time again!!!!

Reaction score
It was suggested we have a separate forum for VOI 8 again...and I figured it was better to get it up and running BEFORE the whole thing started!!! Last time I waited too long (IMHO). Here you can get details, ask questions, arrange convoys, etc. Yes....we could have done it in ANY forum and simply searched for VOI 8 info, but this seemed like a good thing last time. :)

OK....I also know I have to tweak the search feature.... :eek:

Please stay tuned for another "sticky" with more details!!

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Ok, I'm going to need a trailer again!

What?!?!!? How about forming up on the VA/MD convoy??? Bugeater will probably want to trailer his ACR down (since I sold him my trailer)...but I think he'll cave in and join the convoy!!! :)

Got Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K., I'll start it off. I want the Presidential suite in the Opryland Hotel in Dallas. I think I will call tomorrow and arrange it. Wait , the hotel is not even built yet? I guess I can not call until late April or early May. :-(
I hope we don't do a country theme again, as far as the music goes. Even though my wife loves country and got to go backstage with Diamond Rio at VOI 7. I'm shipping my car out again, and driving back. Hope there are no hurricanes again. ;-)

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm glad they are doing it again. What is the date?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get Toby Keith this time. Hey ViperGTS, I'll be in Munich in May. I need to borrow a Viper and take it to the Nurburgring. I used to have a silver/black stripes.....you can take my SRT to VOI8 in exchange! Kidding (I think)

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's get Toby Keith this time. Hey ViperGTS, I'll be in Munich in May. I need to borrow a Viper and take it to the Nurburgring. I used to have a silver/black stripes.....you can take my SRT to VOI8 in exchange! Kidding (I think)

I like Toby Keith but he's a ford guy.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really want to trailer out...but NY - Dallas? Long trip.
If I leave the car home, that *****. If I ship, I can't use all that I've put into the car because I won't have my Hoosiers. I'm not going to crusie around town on those. I think one of the Vendors should make arrangements for just such a situation, where those of us who ship, can rent wheels/tires while we are out there, but I guess that would be unrealistic.
I know I'm not the only one in this spot.

AC

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
I really want to trailer out...but NY - Dallas? Long trip.
If I leave the car home, that *****. If I ship, I can't use all that I've put into the car because I won't have my Hoosiers. I'm not going to crusie around town on those. I think one of the Vendors should make arrangements for just such a situation, where those of us who ship, can rent wheels/tires while we are out there, but I guess that would be unrealistic.
I know I'm not the only one in this spot.

AC

Andrew,
You could hook up with us (or rather, we could hook up with you) as you pass through VA. Sounds like we might need to think of something for those who want to drive there....and still have other tires/wheels to play with. I nominate Bugeater to drive his VIper there, and we find someone to tow his trailer....FULL of tires/wheels/spare parts!!! LOL!!! :)

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Let's get Toby Keith this time. Hey ViperGTS, I'll be in Munich in May. I need to borrow a Viper and take it to the Nurburgring. I used to have a silver/black stripes.....you can take my SRT to VOI8 in exchange! Kidding (I think)<<<

David, send me an email when you visit Munich in May. We should hook up and have a (at least) beer...

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe the dates are the 9th thru the 12th of September - it's the weekend following Labor Day...

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with Andrew2KRT10. I would love to take the car but it is unrealistic. I do not feel like spending $1200 each way for the car to be transported and I do not really want to drive all that way. It would really stink to not have the car as well. I guess it is a loose loose situation but the event should still be fun, but I do not know how much fun without a car to drive.

OP
OP
S
Reaction score
Not really lose/lose.....Dodge goes above and beyond to make sure there are other vehicles to drive, so not quite a loss there. I agree, though, that it just couldn't be the same without your own Viper being there. I have missed the last three VOI's....I will NOT miss this one. :) If you decide to drive down...keep an eye on this section as I plan to help spearhead the VA/MD convoy. Probably something I might never do again...but I gotta do it at least once!

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
O.K., I'll start it off. I want the Presidential suite in the Opryland Hotel in Dallas. I think I will call tomorrow and arrange it. Wait , the hotel is not even built yet? I guess I can not call until late April or early May. :-(
I hope we don't do a country theme again, as far as the music goes. Even though my wife loves country and got to go backstage with Diamond Rio at VOI 7. I'm shipping my car out again, and driving back. Hope there are no hurricanes again. ;-)

Your right. They just started the process of hiring people today.

Jcoopacr2000

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I drove my ACR to VOI7 and I will drive it to Dallas.Can't imagine being there without my better half. Hope to convoy with Carolina VCA .

Wing King

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

Your right. They just started the process of hiring people today.

[/QUOTE]

Hi Rich. Yea, the news said that almost 10,000 people turned out at their "job fest" today, to fill 1,500 positions. Of course, George Bush just said last night that the job market is great.... but, what do I know! :confused:

Anyway..... that's another subject for another forum.......

HELLO from Texas!!!! You guys would not believe how much work and planning is already going on for this next VOI, still nine months away. My all time personal favorite was VOI.4 in Orlando in 1997, but I promise you that all the people involved this time are going to do everything in their power to even top that one!

You should SEE this new Opryland Texan Resort! Wow! Region Presidents are soon going to be receiving some fancy brochures to share with their members! I've already been inside the place while it's under construction, and it seems like it has all the advantages of Opryland in Nashville....... but you can actually find your way around! Texas Motor Speedway is one of the nation's best track facilities, and only about 20 minutes away.

I know there are disappointed people out west, but at least Dallas sits right in the middle of both coasts, so it's going to end up being just about an equi-distant trip for everyone this time. Honestly, the way things seem to be going in the entire auto industry, I'm just glad to have another VOI, where ever it happened to fall! Before any compaining starts about the Dallas location versus other sites, you all need to understand something. A whole BUNCH of potential locations (especially out west) all started out under equal consideration. When all was said and done, Dallas offered the best possible solution for matching up all those little details that have to come together, such as hotel availability, track facilities, track availability, date conflicts, costs, etc., etc., and etc. It's always like trying to fit a square peg in a triangular hole! Anyway, Headquarters is planning some very cool surprises, and I feel sorry for those of you who may not be able to attend. In the future, I'll try to stay active on this thread, so I can be around to answer questions, following official announcements from Viper Headquarters. I can promise you that the North Texas VCA Region will also be doing their best to help out, just to make sure you all enjoy your visit to Texas! Get ready to saddle up your snake, and head em on out! :cool: It will definitely be worth the effort and expense! See y'all soon!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
20+ hours in the car with a groupd of other speed freaks... that in itself makes the trip worthwild. If the job holds I will be there...

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is time.....it'll be interesting to see what, if anything can be done about maybe driving the distance. I also don't have the luxury of spending 10 days at this thing if I were to drive back and forth. I'll be spinning my brain gears to try and come up with a way to do it all.

AC

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, I vote for Shania Twain, and Pam Anderson. I said that last year when I first posted about VOI8. I'll pay extra for the whole thing.....gladly.

AC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper