It looks like the Viper is in trouble - the ultimate Corvette

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like pretty good work as far as I can tell from the crappy pics and the too short video. You wouldn't catch me driving it but to each his own. I have owned worse. :)

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The chassis is built wrong and wouldn't pass any kind of engineering inspection or even a track inspection. The idea is supposed to be that The "frame rails" continue as a tube from the from to the back, not just chuncks of metal weleded together. I saw a chassis built that way once. Then I saw it break apart on the race track. I wouldn't even want to drive beside that car and if I saw it I'd report it to get it taken off the road. That's dangerous. It'a also why amateurs shouldn't try chassis work without an expert to tell them all their mistakes and make certain the car is built properly. Dangerous, dangerous.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, the vette transmission is at the end of the Torque Tube bolted to the rear diff???

ViperDude

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what if when he revs it up the car rips itself in half!!

It's something original and goofy to do, and perhaps this will the learning experience for this guy to learn how to do better chasis work.

Kind of like a high school science project this is, haha!

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why? Why isn't there a law for stupid conversions? I don't mind a LS whatever in a RX7 cause aerodynamic body style would make sense to me but a Civic come on. Might as well but a Veyron motor in a Toyota Tercel.:rolleyes:

--RS

Disturbed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I love it. What better car to put it into than a civic. Civic's are the laughing stock of the performance world. When he does the heads/cam mods to the motor, put the wide body kit and the 315's in the rear....it will be one hell of a fun car to drive. 450rwhp,400rwtq@2500lbs, you can't tell me that wouldn't be fun.

I like the idea for this next project TT-LS2 in a S2000. :D

Purdue_Boiler_Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds good. Real good. Would definitely get your attention at a stoplight. But, I too would be afraid that the thing would break apart.

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1). That is badass
2). That board is inhabited by total morons

I did the import thing for quite a while and what he is doing is a 20 on a difficulty rating scale of 1-10. Absolutely crazy. Obviously the guy has LOTS of knowledgeable help and access to LOTS of equipment.