It's been 2 months with very little official news

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the hype leading to the reveal, and now nothing for 8 weeks :dunno:

Surely the paint color samples are fixed along with the stripe patterns. Or, maybe even a dyno graph overlaid with all the other Generations.

Hey SRT, how about throwing us a bone will ya.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the hype leading to the reveal, and now nothing for 8 weeks :dunno:

Surely the paint color samples are fixed along with the stripe patterns. Or, maybe even a dyno graph overlaid with all the other Generations.

Hey SRT, how about throwing us a bone will ya.

Ummm, hype leading to them hosting at huge expense the most amazing introduction party I have ever heard of for the introduction of a new model shared with a club. Paint samples?? I think the colors are listed in the spec sheets that are available all over the net. I don't think you need paint samples to determine what the colors are, maybe one.
Dyno graphs, really? C'mon, no reasonable expectation of that at this time. No manufacturer has ever given this much advance exposure to a car to a club.

OP
OP
Lawrenzo

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you buying one?

I've owned 5 Vipers so far, so I'm definitely a potential customer. What about you?

Lee, the advance exposure was not just for our club's benefit. SRT had all the magazines lined up for the reveal, and the general public learned just as much as we did with a few days.

I was hoping for a look at the Shadow Blue, and I'd like to know if they are allowing GTS blue with black stripes once again. Also, pics of the new 5 spokes would be nice.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've owned 5 Vipers so far, so I'm definitely a potential customer. What about you?

Lee, the advance exposure was not just for our club's benefit. SRT had all the magazines lined up for the reveal, and the general public learned just as much as we did with a few days.

I was hoping for a look at the Shadow Blue, and I'd like to know if they are allowing GTS blue with black stripes once again. Also, pics of the new 5 spokes would be nice.

I'm with you. Hell, I'm ready for the "Build Your Own" feature. :)

Seriously though, it has felt stagnant, but that is more than likely 50% derived from my excitement and 50% because it has been a little stagnant.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think there will be anything like a GTS blue this time around. Certainly not the name GTS blue. As we have seen "Viper red" has given wY to "adrenaline red." I have a pic of the 5 spoke "rattler" wheels that I can post when I get home since I'm on my Mobil device. Point of interest....I've heard that the three colors that appear on the GTS-R are production colors.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ummm, hype leading to them hosting at huge expense the most amazing introduction party I have ever heard of for the introduction of a new model shared with a club. Paint samples?? I think the colors are listed in the spec sheets that are available all over the net. I don't think you need paint samples to determine what the colors are, maybe one.
Dyno graphs, really? C'mon, no reasonable expectation of that at this time. No manufacturer has ever given this much advance exposure to a car to a club.

+1, couldnt have said it better myself. However I guess you could have something to wine about if you missed out on the:

BEST UNVAILING PARTY EVERRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!! lol

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score

EVERY single bit of info you asked about is available...you're not looking hard enough.

GTS Blue is officially one of the colors available on the Gen V. Black stripes are also an option, so it's logical to assume that combo will be possible.

Shadow Blue is the new blue on the GTSR concept car, along with titanium pearl, adrenaline red on the mirrors etc

Lastly, the 5 spokes were shown the day of the reveal, and I personally started a thread with pics of all 3 available wheels from the NY Gala. Lastly, there are pictures of a yellow Gen V mule days after the NY Auto show with the polished 5 spokes. Do some searching, it's all there...

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
paint color samples are fixed along with the stripe patterns. Or, maybe even a dyno graph overlaid with all the other Generations.

Paint Samples? You kidding me…? Paint Samples?(in my JimMora voice:rolaugh:)

and what diff would a dyno graph make? You know its gonna be similar to the G4 with alittle more top end. c'mon man, i understand alot of yall are still in suspense. Just accept that there is nothing you can do about it for another 6months besides kick around diff color photoshops;)

good info Hank:2tu:

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heres a pic of the five spoke. :)

CIMG2984.JPG

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW, What a sweet wheel, now im totally going to buy a new Viper.:yay:

xRUSTYx

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love 5 spoke wheels ... My fav of any wheel setup.

With that said - Still not 100% sold on the Gen V ... Concerned that if I don't order in the first go around, I'll end up waiting a LONGGGG time. sigh .... if/when to call Bill ... that is the question.

Wish we could see a final "street" version. From a buyers perspective, correct ride height, all the fixing/options/goodies, etc... Would make life so much easier

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Anticipation is frustrating but builds excitement. I am sure that they don't want the excitement to die down before the car hits the dealers. I am sure that they will chum the water just enough to keep everyone hungry and wanting more, which you clearly are, so they are doing a good job.

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reveal served and serves many purposes:

The Viper made the cover of just about every legit mag out there
The Viper made it to the site of just about every auto web site
The Viper can be raced in the ALMS this year as it has already been shown to one and all, no need to hide
The Viper can put on street miles (1,000,000 miles) without camo
The Viper has lots of info in mags and on the web. Digging it out is part of the fun
The Viper is in the refine stage. Re: Ralph's comment that the duck bill spoiler will be a bit taller than on the show car. Refinement/development is absolutely necessary for the expanded market.
The Viper final calibration is not done so current performance figures would be off somewhat
The Viper suppliers are converting from prototype parts to production parts. There will be some refinement there.
The Viper has tons of us willing to say, it will happen!
The Viper will stay in the news until it's ready to be delivered. For the next six months, the Viper has the performance auto center stage without spending on advertising.
The Viper will be seen by tons of people at ALMS races, shows, the auction, club neets etc. It will show where there are potential customers.

The reveal and following action may not be perfect BUT it's close enough to give the Viper the best possible chance to meet the business plan goals. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh