It's Here!! Viper INVADES Niagara Falls!!!

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The time is here! The much anticipated next “Viper INVADES” event has been in the works for 7 months. It’s no secret anymore, as Viper’s will invade… Niagara Falls! September 17-20.

You must be registered for see images

Yes, we’re going to make a big splash at one of the renown US natural wonders as many, many Vipers converge on what is known to be one of the most fantastic places in the world!

As is the recipe with these events, it will have a “vacation feel” as it creates a balance between enjoying our cars and truly exploring the area we visit. We take care of all the details. We’ve packaged it all up, got special pricing, mixed in some unique car fun, and made it a trip to take for many reasons! Everyone is invited! Let’s unite and show what club spirit is all about as we come in force to show off the Vipers and take in the spectacular area! (Even if you can’t bring your car, you can still participate in all activities).

Among the activities planned, we’ll have close-up falls viewing, boat trips, Viper car cruise, Sky Tower experience, Winery visits, behind the falls tour, Niagara on the Lake trip, aerial cable car, night-time falls fireworks showing, dinner overlooking the falls, and MUCH more. In addition, each registered VCA member will receive a VIPER Invades Niagara goodie bag! We also have a very special event for the Vipers in downtown Niagara... This event will even have media coverage as we’ll be in the newspapers before and after the event, we’ll even be in marketing publications leading up to the week we’ll be there. This is also opening season for their very popular wine festival, so it’s the perfect time to be there! The town is very excited we’re coming – in big numbers! We expect this type of event will draw many club members from regions all over the US! So come one come all! It’s a place you have to experience if you’ve never been there before!!

You must be registered for see images

And we've negotiated a fantastic deal with the best hotel on the strip! All this and we've made a very expensive area highly affordable to all. There's so much to mention. Below is the link you can follow for more information on the event:

http://www.illinoisvipers.com/documents/2009/2009%20Vipers%20Invade%20Niagara%20Falls.pdf

You can also visit the IL VCA website at: Home Page - Viper Club of America - Illinois Region.

See you there!!

Photog1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex
We are going. This will be a great time almost like a small VOI to hold us over till VOI11. Thanks for all your hard work.:2tu:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex - Is they an estimate on the turnout? I know it is near impossible to know exact, but what was your planning guesstimate?

Robert

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
Apart from the drive and obvious viper fun, I love the schedule. I only have to take 2 days off work. I'm in.

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex - Is they an estimate on the turnout? I know it is near impossible to know exact, but what was your planning guesstimate?

Robert

Very hard to tell. Last year, which was less formal and in a more ambiguous area, we easily had 50 cars anbefore bad weather was a concern, about 70+ people registered. For this one, the maximum room block I felt comfortable committing to was 100. So at this time I plan a minimum of 100 Vipers and 150 people. In some ways it seems overzealous, but ont he other hand a lot of pople are interested. I think we'll be 100+ Vipers and 250 people. If we can get people registering early enough, so that I can see the volume, I can expand the block and upgrade our tour numbers. It would be amazing to have 125+ Vipers there.

So if you guys know you can go, please register so we can make more room for other folks to come.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, this is on the American side of Niagara Falls? Too far away to tell if we can get a driver for any of that time period...but sounds amazing! NICE on the logo too~!!! THX for posting the info! ~juli

**Wonder if this event should be posted in Canadian, NY/CT, IN, OH, PA, New England, etc. regions too?**

Last edited:

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
So, this is on the American side of Niagara Falls? Too far away to tell if we can get a driver for any of that time period...but sounds amazing! NICE on the logo too~!!! THX for posting the info! ~juli

Canadian side. The pdf link has the complete details.

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Canadian side. The pdf link has the complete details.

Gotcha! Thank you...yes, passports required. There is NO BETTER VIEW of Niagara Falls than the CANADIAN side~! Wonderful events you have planned...hope we can make it! ~juli

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex, have it on our event calendar and I know already some of our members will be there :2tu: Adrian

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This might be - besides Chuck Tators BBQ in 2004 (131 Viper!?) - the biggest Viper FEST next to VOI...:D good luck, ALEX!
:2tu:
P5011897.JPG

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm trying to go to this.

The pdf file in the first post says :
Wednesday Night $119.00
Thursday Night $119.00
Friday Night $149.00
Saturday Night $189.00
The rates are based on two-person occupancy.

Whenever I go somewhere I ask for a room and I pay the rate quoted, but I have seen advertisements (mostly on cruise ships) that say the rates are "pp/based on double occupancy", which means the rates are actually double what's written. So for those of us who are less aware, does the above rates mean that that's what the room costs or do I have to double it? The answer will determine whether I can afford to join the party.

Bob

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rates quoted are for single or double occupancy. There is no minimum occupancy. So no string attached.

(On cruises, you'll usually see a "per person" charge on cruise ships because it's an all inclusive thing and the more that come, the more it costs them. They make it a double occupancy because yes, it makes it seems cheaper and aloows them to display a lower per-person cost due to their double occupancy pricing. Generally with hotels you don't pay a per-person charge. However, you might incur an additional charge if you go over general occupancy of the room. In Niagara's case, if you have more than 2 people staying in the room, they add a $25 service charge).

So yes, prices you see, are the actual prices.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I'll begin making plans for the event. I am already taking off two weeks from work for my annual vacation in July and will try to get another week off in September, if I'm still employed by then. You never know.

Bob

SCLSSRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We sent in our registration over the weekend. Cutting back on all other travel but we are not missing this event.

VardaMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great event BUT, DO NOT SPEED IN CANADA!
They do not allow radar detectors and they will confiscate your Viper, on the spot if you are caught going too fast. A group of Corvette guys from the States were caught and LOST their cars. They launched an expensive legal battle to get them back but I'm not sure how everything turned out.
Maybe "MoPar Boy" from Ontario can provide some additional guidance for us.
Pat

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ask and ye shall recieve Pat!:)

In a nutshell, in Ontario we have a street racing (aka Stunt Driving) law that says if you are tagged at 50 KPH (kilometer per hour - the official speed scale of Canada) over the posted limit (believe that is about 30 MPH + or - a MPH or two) then you are charged under that law as a criminal offence. You face up to a $10,000.00 fine, potential jail time (up to 6 months I believe), car impounded and you pay the towing fee for your car to the impound yard and the storage fees while there. On impounding the car, they do have the option of not returning the car if they deem it to have race parts on it. That is another completely different law that is wacko - The COP judges if your car is road legal on not and that applies to ANY car they pull over on the street.....

As well as all of this the drivers license is suspended for a week and can be revoked for up to 2 years if the court deems it need be. You do loose 6 points off your license.

As for radar detectors, use it and lose it! Not allowed here!:(

In general, advice would be keep it within 10 KPH over and you will be OK. 15 KPH will be cops choice if he feels it is worth it, 20 KPH and you will be pulled over and likely ticketed.:mad:

For those who were going to check your speedo for the conversion, they are as follows approx from my memory:

10 KPH = 6 MPH
16 KPH = 10 MPH
100 KPH = 62 MPH
162 KPH = 100 MPH

Hope that somewhat answers the question. :smirk:

Robert

Last edited:

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, and as you are wondering, interstate speed here is a measly 62 MPH or 100 as posted in KPH.:(

Granted, where we will all be, there will not be too much interstate driveing short of the trip from MI to Niagara (about 5 hours worth).

Robert

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like FUN to drive in Canada - like in Switzerland.

:cool:

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...say the German as he's sizzling down the autobahn. Markus, we're not surprised that you pity the canadians. ;.) I have no clue how they do it. My speedo start at 65.

Rob, thanks for the info. Very useful. As we get closer I'll be sure to warn folks.

I'm glad to say registrations are coming in fast already!! Several each day. Thank you to all those who jumped on this quickly. It really helps with planning and forecasting our numbers.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no clue how they do it. My speedo start at 65.

Rob, thanks for the info. Very useful. As we get closer I'll be sure to warn folks.

It is hard sometimes, I will give that.:(

But there is always paved country roads!:D:D:D:drive:

If you need more info on anything Alex, let me know! I will see what I can do!:)

Robert

G

Gotvenom 08

When ALEX leads........he gets there in a timely manner!

Not to worry.From what I have heard,not witnessed.Alex really doesn't go above the speed limit.Because you are going to fast to even read the posted signs.What did that last signnnnnnn sayyyyyyyyy?????

Just what I heard in the rumor mill:D

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Disclaimer: The opinions expressed by Tim (aka Gotvenom08) are the views of that writer and do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or reality of SmoknTires or any of the VCA membership. :D

wastntim

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the cops catch you .... you start to speak in your perfect German (Bavarian) slang...

Zefix, hoast me dawischt? I hob dacht I bin af da Autobahn, woast! Defst ma koa ticket schreim...und I dua b'stimmt nimmer z'schnalll fahr'n!
:drive:

P.S.: if Leslie is there does that mean that white hood vents red viper gts dave 666666 is also there...?

Last edited:

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IF the cops catch you .... you start to speak in your perfect German slang...
Zefix, hoast me dawischt? I hob dacht I bin af da Autobahn, woast! Defst ma koa ticket schreim...und I dua b'stimmt nimmer z'schnalll fahr'n!
:drive:

Yes, they may not understand German slang, but they will hear the word "AUTOBAHN"!! Unbelievable ALL of those cars pulled over 'like good soldiers'...:omg:
~juli

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets