It's Here!! Viper INVADES Niagara Falls!!!

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the law is not fully in effect in Ontario to my knowledge. It is coming though. In the mean time they can pull you over for it but they will just ticket you for something else they may "find". :rolleyes:

Leslie - Oohh! Pick me pick me! :yay:

Wait. That doesn't work. I am driving from the other direction! :rolaugh:

Nuts. ;)

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, the law is not fully in effect in Ontario to my knowledge. It is coming though. In the mean time they can pull you over for it but they will just ticket you for something else they may "find". :rolleyes:

Leslie - Oohh! Pick me pick me! :yay:

Wait. That doesn't work. I am driving from the other direction! :rolaugh:

Nuts. ;)

hahaha! cute, very cute.

ok you fit one ticket-you are male.

unfortunately you are probably young enough to be my son:lmao:

but you got the right idea...single guys who want to ride shotgun or maybe help with the driving CAN apply:D please be over 40, not *** or still living with mom

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Leslie don't elt anyone drive your Viper ... that's even more intimate than sex ...

Umm, where did you say you were leaving from again? LOL :) :)

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hahaha! cute, very cute.

Thank you. :D Wonder where this is going...;)

ok you fit one ticket-you are male.

Wow. Thats deep. Good observation.;):rolaugh:

unfortunately you are probably young enough to be my son:lmao:

:omg: Leslie! Get yo mind outta the gutter girl!:omg: I was not thinking like that!:omg: Golly, a guy cant even get excited about the prospect of driving half way across the country in a VIPER, have the chance to make a new friend (friend, not "friend" - just clarifying ;)), and get to see a driving teacher at work with all sorts of cool moves (again, moves as in driving things) and instantly he is taken the wrong way! :dunno:

I tell ya....:rolaugh:

but you got the right idea...single guys who want to ride shotgun or maybe help with the driving CAN apply:D please be over 40, not *** or still living with mom

Help with the driving! I agree with Ted! Dont let ANYBODY touch your baby! :omg:

Might also want to mention that they must be nice people and that they are not creepy and just wanting a ride (I am not saying "ride" as in.... never mind...;)).

I will say one thing, I do look forward to meeting all of you, male or female. And no, I am not saying it in THAT way. :rolleyes::rolaugh::D

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread is taking a strange turn... :)

Update: We are at 108 cars (96 vipers!) and 178 people. It's a sell out! Who would have thought so many people people could make a trek like this. Very cool.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex, that is great news! This trip is going to be a mini VOI for sure!

Looking forward to meeting you Mopar Boy and Rttttttttttted....good guys for sure, will be good to put a face to the screen name:)

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We've gottne a permit from the city to have a helicopter do a fly by and take video and pics of all the cars on display in their downtown area on Saturday. They'll be shutting down streets for the day. Going to be awesome. The last of the details are being put in place and it's looking great!

steve911

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any special things we would have to have concerning proof of Auto insurance other that the "normal" insurance cards we get from the company that you have coverage through?

thanks
Steve A.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Alex, that is great news! This trip is going to be a mini VOI for sure!

Looking forward to meeting you Mopar Boy and Rttttttttttted....good guys for sure, will be good to put a face to the screen name:)

Sorry Leslie, but I won't be there, I'll still be here on the West Coast. You'll have to find someone else to drive you, although I admit that was a tempting thought. You guys have fun.

Ted

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are there any special things we would have to have concerning proof of Auto insurance other that the "normal" insurance cards we get from the company that you have coverage through?

thanks
Steve A.

No, should not need anything else.

I would however recommend you check with your insurance company though to ensure you are covered in Canada. Many are not covered in other countries depending on your policy.

G

Gotvenom 08

We've gottne a permit from the city to have a helicopter do a fly by and take video and pics of all the cars on display in their downtown area on Saturday. They'll be shutting down streets for the day. Going to be awesome. The last of the details are being put in place and it's looking great!

Guess Alex means the yellow vipers are in the back row.All other colors get FRONTTTTTTT ROWWWWWWWWWWWW.:D:dunno:

Then again I could be mistaken.

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry Leslie, but I won't be there, I'll still be here on the West Coast. You'll have to find someone else to drive you, although I admit that was a tempting thought. You guys have fun.

Ted

now that's a bummer, hey I will have to snag a 'gotvenom08' trinket for you:headbang:

G

Gotvenom 08

Mopar Boy!

Question here.

What is legal(value amount of declared goods) to carry over the border with out being taxed.I know when I went to Saskatchewan( duck hunting).If I was bringing in any thing(certain goods) over a specific dollar amount they would tax me on it.And if I remember correctly,they also asked if I was leaving any thing in Canada.That is a loaded question for sure!:D:rolaugh:

Technically they are "useless".:D

I have no clue what trinket value is, and technically I am not leaving the items in Canada.They are for the most part leaving with Americans.Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Just food for thought here.Any input is always appreciated.

Thanks

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yellow in the back row....;);) Smart alec.:D

The trinkets:

I dont see much of an issue as they are (key word here) "gifts" and gifts are non taxable as there is no money exchanged.

As for value, I would say a trunk full would be worth $50 or so. Maybe less. As they are hand made "crafts", there really is no value, and as you used all scrap material, again no value as even the base stuff was free. Also, as the gifts are all for "American" freinds, nothing is being left in Canada so that answer would be no. Canada just happens to be the location for the gift giving. Get the drift? :)

Hope that helps.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should see/know the questions they ask when we Europeans enter the US :rolleyes:

G

Gotvenom 08

You should see/know the questions they ask when we Europeans enter the US :rolleyes:

Markus

Where are you flying into,Chicago or NY?

Looking forward to drinking that German beer you are bringing with you.:D:beer:

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I fly into Chicago on Monday and travel to Detroit/Niagara with friends from IL/IN/GA/WI on Tuesday. :beer: :beer: :beer:

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Alex - Itinerary looks wonderful !
To those attending, my wife and I are back-tracking to Detroit from Canada to assist everyone with the last leg of the cruise to the Falls. Looking so forward to meeting everyone and we'll be the first to 'welcome everyone to Canada'.

Alex - my wife and I have been to the falls many times and you have nailed all the falls highlights plus much more ! Allow me to buy you a Real Canadian 'Beer' once we arrive.
VOI10_061.jpg

John & Deb Guyitt

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John's been a big help with the last leg of the journey. Thanks John.

We'll print maps and hand them out at Ralph's house. Likely have two stops between Detroit and Niagara. We won't be grabbing lunch since it's 5 hours to the hotel and they have several food choices there in the hotel itself. Right now It's looks like we'll stop in Sarnia, 15 minutes after the border crossing. This will be a little more than 1 1/2 hours from Ralphs house and a good place to wait for everyone else to cross. Then we'll likely stop in Ingersoll. after that, straight to Niagara.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also a thought for those who will be coming from a distance.

Ontario weather at this time of year kinda looks like this give or take:

Mornings: High 40's to low 60's
Daytime: High 60's to low 80's
Evenings: High 50's to High 60's

At this time of year do be ready for some rain as well.

Also, due to cool pavement temps overnight, be careful in the mornings when playing with the Vipers! :drive::omg: Cold Pavement = No Traction

Robert

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My question is does Ontario require "Hands Free" for cellphones? I actually installed a Bluetooth Premiere Stereo into my Viper because I drive so many places where the cell phone is illegal when driving. New laws here next month should be OK if you buy this $.05 hands free kit?

You must be registered for see images

Ted

Well, this finally came through:

> Passed: Bill 118 - cell
> banning cell phone use (effective Sept. 1, 2009)

> The Legislative Assembly of Ontario carried Bill 118, an amendment to the
> Highway Traffic Act now bans drivers from using handheld devices with display screens while operating a
> vehicle on the road. The bill has undergone several revisions during its consideration, but the new rules of
> the road will be as follows:
-
> Holding or using a wireless communication device (a cell
> phone) or a portable electronic entertainment device (iPod) while
> driving is prohibited.
>
> - Commercial GPS units along with similar dashboard-mounted devices that
> provide gauges and displays relating to logistical or navigation uses are
> fine.
>
> - Using a cell phone or wireless communication device in hands-free
> mode, as > long as you're not holding it during use, is fine.
>
> - Using any device while pulled-over or parked in a way that you are not
> disrupting traffic, is fine.
>
> The systems used by Ambulances and Police and Fire Departments are exempt

> The ban will carry a fine of $500. Demerit points will not be included, but depending
> upon the violation, police will have the option to also use existing careless
> driving laws for additional penalties.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, we'll probably be getting nearly the same legislation this month here in BC.

Ted

bluequadcab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone clarify the radar detector law. If I use it in the USA, then remove it and put it in trunk before the border, if while at the border or in Canada and they find it in the trunk, can I still be fined and can they still confiscate it? Thanks.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe as long as it is not in use, you are OK. If you say that it is in your trunk because you know it is not legal in Ontario, but it is in the states you drove through to get here, I do not see an issue with that.

Now if it is in your console still plugged in...;)

OP
OP
SmoknTires

SmoknTires

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone clarify the radar detector law. If I use it in the USA, then remove it and put it in trunk before the border, if while at the border or in Canada and they find it in the trunk, can I still be fined and can they still confiscate it? Thanks.

They are illegal to use and illegal to have (even if in the trunk of your car). They treat them like contraband.

A clip from a quick article I Googled:

''IF you drive into the Yukon territory,'' said Fred Jennex, Deputy Minister of Community and Transportation for the area, ''you better hide your radar detector very well.'' The Yukon is one of 7 Canadian provinces and territories - there are 12 in all - that ban the possession and use of radar detectors in automobiles. And the news is worse than just a fine; confiscation of radar detectors, which cost $100 to $400, is a likelihood for drivers who get caught using them. Quebec Province crushed and incinerated 10,000 radar detectors last year, according to officials there. Canadian rules apparently come as something of a shock to drivers from south of the border, since only two states - Connecticut and Virginia - and the District of Columbia ban them in the United States. etc... etc...

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See everybody on Tuesday noght, we are driving into Detroit from Pa today, we didn't want to miss the caravan in from Detroit:2tu::headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456