I've been bitten

cobramike33

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all,

My name is Mike from Pensacola, FL.

I have owned many performance models like vette's, cobra's, GT500, ram srt-10...but yesterday I picked up a 05 Viper. This thing is a way different breed and I LOVE IT. Not only is the driving experience much sweeter than anything I have owned, but the dang thing actually fits good in my garage (unlike a few models). I'm going to get it cleaned up and post some pics late on.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And it would'nt hurt to go to the general vipers discussion section and read the "keeping new viper owners safe" sticky.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! ...and just make sure she's pointed in a straight line when you drop the hammer for the first time, or the world will turn.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Congrats! Is your "high performance model" stock of high performanced?

I suggest some track time(road course/Hi perf. driving courses) and even some AutoX (done at highway speeds) to learn the beast preoperly. Biggest improvment for most Vipers is the driver. First modification, driver as that sees the largest improvment. Hiflow cats to replace the garbage Gov ?Cats second mod (if the tires are PS2s).

Ted

V

Venomiss

Welcome!
Pictures if you have them and hopefully John Canal the VCA president for northern Florida can help you get started with information.

OP
OP
C

cobramike33

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome. The tires on the to-do list. I'm thinking going aftermarket, but I am still enjoying the car. It had the cats removed and some headers installed by hennessey. Also a polished intake. Not sure if they took time to port it or not. I'm cutting and buffing it right now and do not have any good shots yet.

Biggest wow moment with this car: 500 mile drive from TX to FL and realized how hard it is to keep it between 70 and 80mph with no cruise. Ah well its a race car, or a john deer according to my brother (deep exhaust tone you know?) :drive:

When I was coming home down the driveway one night:
You must be registered for see images

Crazy thing is that morning that spider must have packed up shop cuz there was no web anywhere..no rain either.

mach4444

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the madness. get rid of the old tires asap or you will regret it. quite a few of us have suffered snake bite, many with not so pleasing results...
very cool pic. looks like a new avatar.....