I've been warned

safireviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I\'ve been warned

Certain people do not like my opinion on where the Dodge Viper is headed and have been told if I make another negative comment - I'll be banished for a month. Unbelievable and now I'll go and read the Costitution and Bill of Rights just to make sure where I live. You guys sure showed me.

98MODMTR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve been warned

Certain people do not like my opinion on where the Dodge Viper is headed and have been told if I make another negative comment - I'll be banished for a month. Unbelievable and now I'll go and read the Costitution and Bill of Rights just to make sure where I live. You guys sure showed me.

I am offended by this and my feelings are seriously hurt.

You need to leave this country, now!

:usa:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

two words... Viper Alley. there is a home for you when you are rejected. just make sure that you have thick skin!

JD

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think it's a matter of your opinion that landed you on probation, but rather the words you used, and the manner in which you used them to muster up an arguement that has been presented here over a hundred times. But done in a tasteful way.

This site is owned by DC, and opinions here from everyone are important, but if you can't debate issues maturely, then I'm sure they won't miss you if you go elsewhere.

Jim Z

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Unbelievable and now I'll go and read the Costitution and Bill of Rights just to make sure where I live.

Drama queen. The Constitution/BoR applies only to what the gov't can do. a privately held entity (this board) can suppress/censor whatever it wishes.

Wifey's Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I guess my issue is that if all DCX wants to hear is the cheerleaders I don't have a lot of confidence in the program evolving to what Viper owners like or don't like.

No doubt that the SRT is a great car but maybe DCX should also pay attention to what some people don't like about it. Example: I'm not crazy about all of the "special" editions. If people are banned you lose the balance.

fluffy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nonsense. Dissenting voices aren't being suppressed; the only thing being lost are those who constantly stick "Too bad it looks like ass" in every thread. Rational criticism has always been welcomed and responded to civilly. YES, the SRT is slightly slower than the Z06. Does anyone disagree that it should be faster? I doubt it. YES, we know the tires ****. YES we know there is an oil starvation issue on the third bearing and in left turns. We know the rear end is a bit fragile. Does anyone disagree? Some people don't like the looks. That's fine, some will disagree with that, but I'm sure most will not argue that the SRT is better looking than the GTS (I will, but that's irrelevant).

But just because owners don't see fit to start every post with a list of the things they hate about the car, suddenly they're cheerleaders? Suddenly it's your job to make sure that no thread goes by without your wonderful revelations that we obviously have never heard before? The SRT team is well aware of the shortcomings of the vehicle. Shouting the same tired drivel over and over doesn't make you a hero. You aren't courageously standing firm in the midst of delusion, and you aren't being persecuted for just telling the truth.

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Fluffy, That was a little too thoughtfull and mature for internet dribble...Next time call him silly names..........

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ownership record: (not DC):

viperclub.org

VCA Mid-South Region/IVR
PO Box 914
Arkadelphia, AR 71923
US

Domain Name: VIPERCLUB.ORG

Administrative Contact , Technical Contact :
Phelps, Joe **
[email protected]
2749 Pine St, Ste B
Arkadelphia, AR 71923
US
Phone: (870) 246-6923
Fax: 123 123 1234

Record expires on 18-Dec-2007
Record created on 11-Oct-2002
Database last updated on 08-Jul-2004

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You see, it's called "tact". Some have it while others don't. I am certainly not going to comment on your posts as I can't recall them offhand. What I will say is that when anybody enters the "home" forum of a certain car, it is just in poor taste to come in and slam that car. Does that mean "don't criticize"? Hell no. What it means is that if you want to criticize it, try to do so with some tact that doesn't insult every single owner.

Example: I was very pleased (and a little shocked) to read GTS Bruce's very recent critique of the SRT body style ("Changing the SRT body style for the better"). He made some suggestions about making the car better, which is what everybody wants to hear - including SRT owners. What no Viper owner wants to hear (outside of a chosen few), is that the car "looks like ass", "can't sell for crap", "owned by a bunch of morons", etc. Most SRT owners have a lot of time, money, and yes, even love, invested in their Vipers. Having anybody, but especially fellow Viper owners, come in and spit in their faces isn't just rude, it's bannable. As well it should be.

Think about it: If an SRT owner came in and pulled similar crap in the Gen I/II forums there would be outrage 100 times stronger. You would not only call for that person to be banned, you would probably send out a hit squad. Imagine if some goofball (and a few of them at that) regularly came in and posted threads or hijacked many, many others with comments like "Yeah, but the Gen II doesn't even have 500 horsepower - don't get me started on the Gen I", "the GTS and RT/10 couldn't even sell 1000 copies a year they sucked so bad", "you like that clown shoe styling? I guess for a girl's car it's okay", "anybody notice how bad the values of the Gen I/II are tanking because nobody wants them?", "nice styling you got there - if you liked 1989", and on and on and on. Think that wouldn't have a ton of Viper owners screaming for a banning? Of course it would and rightfully so. So what makes it okay for anybody to post the same BS in the SRT forums? Answer: NOTHING. (And for the record, the GTS is still my favorite Viper body style to date - Comp Coupe right there with it)

Now, any single one of those lines used in the Gen II forum would call for immediate banning. And any one of the Viper owners in this forum would agree with it. You can whine about "trying to inspire DC on future product", but that is BS. The posts referenced in the second paragraph have nothing to do with inspiring the DC team and have everything to do with just being mean-spirited. Newsflash: The looks of the SRT were endlessly debated, criticized, and praised when the car was released in late 2002. After three years it has just been enough. The points have been made, DC is on notice, and there are now over 6,000 SRT owners that like the car the way it is. Just like there are 17,000 Gen I/II owners that are happy with their cars.

Constructive criticism is welcome on any car forum, maybe even Gen I/II. Whining, slamming, degrading, and insulting is not. Simple enough.

TRAMP 13

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I agree,if you don't like the new srt or the coupe don't buy it but don't bash it.especially if you have never driven one or have ever own one.Why do the people who run the forum even let the other people even post on this forum if they don't on one.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think it's a matter of your opinion that landed you on probation, but rather the words you used, and the manner in which you used them to muster up an arguement that has been presented here over a hundred times. But done in a tasteful way.

This site is owned by DC, and opinions here from everyone are important, but if you can't debate issues maturely, then I'm sure they won't miss you if you go elsewhere.

Exactly! You are free to disagree as long as you are not being disagreeable. I have plenty of complaints and never had problems voicing them here... some of them VERY critical of DC. Yet I have NEVER recieved a notice to stop my opinions because it was against the Viper or DC. I make sure people know I AM biased towards the gen1/2, yet have a very healthy respect for the SRT's... I'd get one now if I could get the ok from my wife (fat chance). :D

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score

Fluffy, That was a little too thoughtfull and mature for internet dribble...Next time call him silly names..........

LMAO!

Keep your eyes open on the Viper. I sense good things are in the works.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I'm always puzzled at how unsettling a potential ban can be for some people.

Personally, I wouldn't care. It is only an internet board. And if I really wanted back on, I'd get on. You know, improvise, adapt, & overcome?

snakebitdave

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well said Fluffy and Chris. I don't ever recall tasteful, tactful criticism being banned or unwanted.

rleminv

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ITS ABOUT TIME.

Thank you VCA and thank you fluffy, Y2K5SRT and Warfang for your eloquence. I know there are others that have put into word similar responses and essays, thank you. I know my responses have been anything but eloquent at times.

It is frustrating to find something I can share with others that have the same passionate interests as I and find there are, within that group, bullies, wannabe outlaws and "great thinkers" that use the internet and this forum as justification of putting down in written word what they would never do in a public setting nor use the same writings in their business and professional lives. It has frustrated me to the point of using this forum to respond and retort in ways that are not very nice, extremely rude and just plain wrong. If I have hurt anyone by my attempt to use this frustration to bring to a head or the attention of the moderators of this forum, and sometimes just vent, I truly and deeply apologize. Chalk it up to old age and hanging around with bikers too long.

THANK YOU, AGAIN TO THOSE WHO LIVE THE GOLDEN RULE AND FOR STANDING UP TO WHAT IS IMPORTANT AND SEPARATES US FROM OTHER SPECIES.

vviperr

Viper Owner
Reaction score

It is great to read some well written replies to this whining. When somebody makes that many negative posts who doesn't even own a Viper, it gets very tiring. You are lucky that you are even allowed to post at all.

ivanrho

Enthusiast
Reaction score

For the RECORD, viperclub.org was started by Jay Herbert (Thank you), but he did give up all ownership/rights to DC a few years back. It is now property of DC, and all proceeds from it benifit VCA National. I don't believe I need to state who owns the VCA.

Chris, can you second that?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ivan, for a regional president you seem a little confused. Jay sold it to the VCA, not DC. And DC does not "own" the VCA.

VipeRicK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I must say some of the irrational and uneducated criticisms I have seen regarding the SRT 10 on this board along with the childish language has really amazed me. I thought action would have been taken sooner, but I'm glad it is finally happening and hope it continues.
This is a great place to come to discuss issues and help others with what I deem to be a great car. Some of the people on this board act like DC is forcing everyone to buy or keep their SRT 10. If you don't like it, sell it, and buy something else and go bother people on some other board. Some of the critical people on this board wouldn't recognize a great car if it ran them over. If there is a better car go buy it, GOOD LUCK !!!!! I could have bought any car in the world, I chose the Viper and would do it again. I don't know of any driver who went down to the local highway or track and declared himself the winner of a race by presenting a car magazine article that said he was supposed to WIN. Maybe you Z06 advocates and anti-SRT 10 people ought to think that over.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4