I've been warned

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve been warned

For the RECORD, viperclub.org was started by Jay Herbert (Thank you), but he did give up all ownership/rights to DC a few years back. It is now property of DC, and all proceeds from it benifit VCA National. I don't believe I need to state who owns the VCA.

Chris, can you second that?

Actually, Ron is correct (he must know somebody that knows somebody's brother whose cousin used to work at DC...)

The original ViperClub.org was started as the International Viper Registry and that site actually still continues to this day as a "subset" of viperclub.org:

http://ivr.viperclub.org/

It was founded by Jay Herbert and was indeed given to the VCA sometime back, with the provisio that Jay still be in charge of running and maintaining the site. It is supposed to be self-supportive (if not profitable) based on advertising revenues. While Jay is the "master" of the site itself, it is maintained on a daily basis by the amazing Tony "Vipermad" or "SuperchargedVipermad" as I think he goes by today. Much of the original programming for the site was done by Don Boston (http://www.bosdev.com/index.htm) and Michael Pierce who has since set up another Viper site. The illustrious Joe Houss, immediate Past National President, is now the Director of Media for the VCA and the website falls under his purview.

As for the VCA, oh my! The VCA is NOT owned by DC. While DC originally offered to help support it financially, the club has since been asked to be entirely self-supporting - as it should be. That said, DC indirectly supports the club through the availability of the raffle cars (for which the VCA pays full price), as well as "special" projects such as the VCA Edition SRT-10's. Most importantly, the Zone Rendezvous' and Viper Owner Invitationals would likely be much more dull were it not for DC supplying the autocross cars (both Neons and Vipers), as well as quite a bit of coin for the VOI's. You will also note that is why the VOI's are open to ALL Viper owners and not just VCA members - DC owns the Invitationals and the VCA is the guest of honor.

Oh, and one final tidbit that is a matter of public record: Viper Club of America (the name) is owned and copyrighted by J.R. Thompson Company out of Farmington Hills, MI. This is a marketing company with very strong ties to DC and the SRT division in particular. The same company that publishes VIPER Magazine and VCA Notes, as well as operates Competition Graphics and now The Viper Mind. Oh yeah, and answers all of your calls to VCA HQ, sends out all of the mailings and flyers, accepts all your renewal and membership fees, and runs the VCA raffles, drawings, and other such stuff. You know - the little stuff. :eek:

So the next time you unload both barrels on your National officers, remember that in many cases it is just as Mongo wisely said, "Mongo only pawn in game of life." :D

Thus endeth your history lesson for today, with minor corrections likely to come from Jay and Joe...

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score

What ever happened to the software upgrade that would allow you to IGNORE users you deem worthless? I am certainly not opposed to different views - but I do believe that there should be a way to eliminate the trolls and others that add nothing to the board.

F355 - I used to enjoy reading your posts - but lately they were neither constructive nor informative - so I would tend to agree with many on the SRT site that you have stepped "over the line".

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

F355 - I used to enjoy reading your posts - but lately they were neither constructive nor informative - so I would tend to agree with many on the SRT site that you have stepped "over the line".

I am sorry that you feel this way. I too, have enjoyed watching you on the board. Yes I might have been out of line but that was never the intention. I did realize after the fact that it was a little too much and that it acutally can hurt the board so I did stop. I even called a truce with Y2K5SRT. Hopefully we will all be able to move on. Again, if everyone was a bit bothered or insulted, here is my public apology.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I am sorry that you feel this way. I too, have enjoyed watching you on the board. Yes I might have been out of line but that was never the intention. I did realize after the fact that it was a little too much and that it acutally can hurt the board so I did stop. I even called a truce with Y2K5SRT. Hopefully we will all be able to move on. Again, if everyone was a bit bothered or insulted, here is my public apology.

And I will back up Keith on this one. We have agreed to disagree on a few things, but certainly agree that keeping the Viper #1 is on the top of both of our respective lists. A lot easier (and a helluva lot more fun) to be united in a common goal than divided by a few sour remarks.

That said, I am going to have to boycott the group hug. :2tu:

FloridaChris

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That said, I am going to have to boycott the group hug. :2tu:

And I volunteer to shoot anyone that breaks out in folk song.
You must be registered for see images

Bummer. And I was sooo looking forward to a round of Kumbaya...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper