Jack points on a Gen III viper

Discussion in 'New Owner Questions' started by brantdw, Aug 2, 2011.

1. brantdw

brantdw Enthusiast

Ok new guy here. I wanted to jack up my Gen III and looked underneath and coudnt find a nice place to jack my car. Its all metal and plastic. Does anyone have a nice photo of all four points that I can jack the car up? Thanks for the help. I really dont want to bend anything.

-Brant

2. Kevan

Kevan Enthusiast

As requested:

Jacking Points 1.jpg

3. fqberful

fqberful Viper Owner

If you look under the car just behind the front tires and just ahead of the rears you will see a piece of angle welded to the chassis with the "fold" pointed downward. Those are the jack points illustrated above. Very simple.

4. brantdw

brantdw Enthusiast

Great !! thanks for the help.

5. Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy VCA Venom Member - Great Lakes

6. FrgMstr

FrgMstr Guest

7. agdetail

agdetail Enthusiast

might be a stupid question but where else can you jack the viper up other then the 4 jacking tabs sticking out?

on a lift its no problem but on a floor jack i dont see any place to put it other then on the tabs which the stands has to go.

8. Kevan

Kevan Enthusiast

You can put the jack stands on the frame rails.
    Just keep it as close to the V-notches as possible.

9. Steve M

Steve M Viper Owner

I've got a fairly long, low profile jack (AC Hydraulics DK13HLQ) - I've used it on a few cars to catch the k-member to jack up both front tires at the same time, but wanted to ask before trying it if the Viper k-member is suitable as a jacking point? It looks like the rear cross member can be used from the pictures provided in the links to get both back tires up, but I would like to be able to do the same thing with the front. I never have liked lifting cars from the sides to get jack stands under them.

10. Morketh

Morketh Viper Owner

2006 coupe

sorry to bring up an old post, I looked at several threads and a lot of the pics were broken links. I am very new and want to confirm the jack points, let me know if any of these are incorrect please.

1. I see the angles that are welded on that you are talking about so the jack point is right after that weld where my arrow is pointing correct?
    (Pic is right behind front left tire)
    [​IMG]

2. Then also the same point right in front of the rear left tire, BEHIND the angle weld where my arrow points?
    [​IMG]

3. I also found a spot what I think some are talking about which is to the right of the rear left tire, this works too?
    [​IMG]

4. And then last point is in the very rear-middle of the car inside that hole my arrow points to
    [​IMG]
    This is a jack point as well?
    [​IMG]

11. Roy

Roy Viper Owner

This is a very good post! All though I found the middle one in the end, it took me some searching and I stumbled over dead links...

12. Morketh

Morketh Viper Owner

Are you supposed to place the jack right on the angled welding tab or directly after it where my red arrows are pointing?

13. Allan

Allan Viper Owner

Put the jack's pad on the bottom of the point, not next to it.

I also sometimes use the cross section of the frame (in your pic) under the rear diff.
    I use a short piece of 2x4 on the jack pad for this as well.

14. Morketh

Morketh Viper Owner

Alright thank you!