Jon / Parts Rack - Canadian order - Clutch - Thank you

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fyi for Canadian folks to order from Jon at Parts Rack. I avoided an OEM replacement... and ebay.. If I break something, the replacement is always a step up.

I blew my clutch, very odd too that the disc material fractured.. 2nd to 3rd hard shift then bammmm.. rattle.. vibration... on the street.

Called Jon a few days ago, discounted on a new performance clutch being a VCA member and decent shipping costs to Canada.

Here's my pics.. Just got my clutch via UPS today, pics below of the new setup and my OEM LuK disc that tore apart. Another :2tu: vote for Jon at Parts Rack.

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Mike

OP
OP

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are not going to remove the trans completely from the car, just move it rearward. I recommend unbolting the gear case from the bellhousing, then remove the bellhousing from the engine. This gives you more room to get the pressure plate out, get to the bellhousing bolts, change the slave cylinder and replace the pilot bearing. Here's a pic of most of the fasteners and tools used to do the job.

I used a piece of flat stock to support trans so the jack is out of the way using the stock floor / shield bolts. I reattached the bellhousing to the engine, not sure how strong you are but I just lifted the trans case (like bench pressing on my back) and slipped the trans back into place without a jack, the strap was there just in case.. but it was no big deal..

Typical few hours to get it out and few hours to put it back together, mind you I spend time to clean the bolts, anti-sieze on any bolts going into aluminum and locktite on the steel on steel stuff such as the pressure plate. No special tools required, you can use 2 flat head screwdrivers to disengage the clip to remove the clutch line from the slave cylinder (at tip that I found searching this site), as well as the tips to remove the console cover and remove the shifter handle.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
THANKS for taking the time for the "INFORMATIVE" Feedback, and for the biz of course!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth