JonB and PartsRack a big thank you!!

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to thank JonB at PartsRack for his advice and help on my steering wheel shaking issue as well as rapid response to my need for tires! It did end up being a bad tire and after being educated, I found out the bad tire was made in 1995 and was on my front passenger side ready to fall apart! It has patches coming apart on the inside tread and fortunately I didn't have a blow out on one of my 100mph runs........It did get gradually worse so it was a slow deterioation which is probably why I'm able to write this tread today!! Another problem I had was the fact that both fronts were miss-matched as I had a Kumho on the driver's side. I'm thinking that didn't help but that's what was on the car when I got it last year. I'm sure the age of the bad tire was the most significant issue but the miss-matched probably advanced the problem.

I needed to purchase the Michellin Pilot Sport PS 2s for the two front since that is what I have on the rears (Made in 2007 thankfully) and was told by others that these 275/40/17 were on back order and no idea from Michellin when they would be able to get more out.

I did find some on TireRack in stock but JonB from PartsRack not only was able to get some and beat the price from TireRack on two tires by $50 but I ordered them at 3pm on Tues of this week and had them at my door by Wed at 3pm!!!!! That's 24 hours folks!!!! That's huge as I'm not big on having the rocket on down time so THANK YOU JonB!!

Can't wait to get these puppies on the car and test them out! I'm hoping for this Sat if I get my truck back from the shop. Yeah it's been one of those weeks!! Need the truck to haul both the new and old tires with rims to the shop and get them changed.....oye....

Wilks

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon is the man! There are numerous posts similar to yours thanking Jon for sharing his expertise!

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jon has ALWAYS helped me out. Your story is typical of his customer service. He really tries to get things done. I wish he were closer... I would love to buy him a beer.

OP
OP
W

Wilks

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, have to agree. Excellent to deal with and very accomodating!

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
GLAD we could help you sort out your 'wandering' Viper.... Im pretty sure you will be surprized how much the car is improved.

Ask me sometime about an INFAMOUS TX Viper tuner named WILKS from the early days...

And let me know if your Gen 1 needs mufflers...... "Wide Assortment" KIDDING!

JonB~~~~:<~