June 14, 2006 SRT Engineering Thread II

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Why is the SRT engineering thread locked now?

nm==no message, since the total content was the title.

The q&a was supposed to run until 8pm EST

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

well at least keep responding here, time is of the essance, and you still have questions to answer for me !! :)

Jon

PS. NM = usually means NeverMind. I think you meant to put EOM which is End of Message.

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score

how odd. thanks for your time srtengineers. thanks for not harming any animals during testing. ;)

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

hey so, while you are are DOWN, cuz you cant answer questions over on the other thread, answer mine !! :)

What difference were made to the srt-10 Coupe vs the srt-10, any drive line, or suspension, or brake changes? Computer changes?

Detail changes, but performance wise, none.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

and pleaseeeeeeeeee finally let me know if the shocks or springs are any different in the srt-10 coupe vs the convertibles ?

Saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaammmmmme, bud. You are persistant! In the past, the rule has been one question per post. It is quite difficult to answer 10+ questions quickly and accurately given the amount of time we have.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

well at least keep responding here, time is of the essance, and you still have questions to answer for me !! :)

Jon

(Maybe) some of the posters got too pushy.....bordering rude?
.... these SRT folks are our GUESTS, at 745pm their time.... Mike's last post was "hello?" and no more questions were forthcoming...

I wish we could have posted questions for 2 hours and have answers TOMORROW!

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon

(Maybe) some of the posters got too pushy.....?
.... these SRT folks are our GUESTS, at 745pm their time....
good point.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jon

(Maybe) some of the posters got too pushy.....?
.... these SRT folks are our GUESTS, at 745pm their time....

No, they posted above, that they got locked out too, so they didn't just decide to shut it down, they are having the same technical problem we are having. But since you cant even figure how to post photos, I can imagine the intricacies of how a message forum might work or not work in this case, definitely could escape you.

Thanks.

a-mechanic

Enthusiast
Reaction score

is the viper going to can bus? Sorry if this is to future.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

lol, yes, I got slate and h wheels, its at prefix getting stripes, you gonna be special nice to it for me or something :)

Ps. And please in all honest, dont confuse my "pushiness" for being rude, or unappeciative, I think this is great, and I really appeciate what you guys have done to help us out here.

Pss. I must go back to school and learn how to count though, because I dont think this adds to 11:

Question 1 The Comp Coupe LSD Diff is a fairly expensive Ricardo race part very similar to what went to Lemans. The production unit uses clutch packs with an intergral pump which help to clamp the discs.

Question 2 We continually upgrade components as the engine power increases.
Metalurgy of selected components has been upgrade over the last few years.

Question 10 Now you have to define what year the stock parts are from. If you believe a certain John from TEXAS, the driveline is bullit proof up to 800 HP although we would not agree. We apply the necessary upgrades when we raise up the power but cannot test with all the mods that our customers cleverly add on.

Question 8 Knock sensors pull out spark and then add a small amout of fuel under high temperature conditions.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score

lol, yes, I got slate and h wheels, its at prefix getting stripes, you gonna be special nice to it for me or something :)

Ps. And please in all honest, dont confuse my "pushiness" for being rude, or unappeciative, I think this is great, and I really appeciate what you guys have done to help us out here.

Pss. I must go back to school and learn how to count though, because I dont think this adds to 11:

Question 1 The Comp Coupe LSD Diff is a fairly expensive Ricardo race part very similar to what went to Lemans. The production unit uses clutch packs with an intergral pump which help to clamp the discs.

Question 2 We continually upgrade components as the engine power increases.
Metalurgy of selected components has been upgrade over the last few years.

Question 10 Now you have to define what year the stock parts are from. If you believe a certain John from TEXAS, the driveline is bullit proof up to 800 HP although we would not agree. We apply the necessary upgrades when we raise up the power but cannot test with all the mods that our customers cleverly add on.

Question 8 Knock sensors pull out spark and then add a small amout of fuel under high temperature conditions.

Go look again...

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Leave the room for fifteen muniutes, and look what happens...

It's unlocked.... for 2 more minutes.

I'm guessing someone answering a question accidentally locked it.... "oops"

OP
OP
M

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You guys are quiet when you can't ask about future product

Are you inviting questions about future product? There is much to talk about if you are!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Can blue still be ordered on the convertible? At one point we were told that there were only 84 built at the beginning of 06 model year. But it is an option on the Dodge web site again.

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Excellent - that's my favorite. I'll go check it out.

Sweet, its going to Woodhouse, so make sure you find the right one, and lets get that Comp Coupe diff in it, Comp coupe swing arm and pan, and I know its too late to change the cam, but if you have some down time, go ahead and change that to comp coup too. Anything else you think appropriate works too :) Even a nice signature hidden on the car or something.. that'd be sweet.. a keep sake for my "pushiness" ;-)

Jon

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score

Ok all. Thank you for your great participation. Sorry for the technical problem - not sure what happened. But as always, we appreciate your enthusiasm. Next month we will be on the Charger SRT8 forum and we will be back here at the VCA site sometime in the fall. Hope to see many of you at VOI9. Goodnight