June 8-10: NARRA Viper track weekend at NJ Motorsports

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So who's coming out for a great weekend from NY/CT?

There is great track time in your car , go karting and you will also see some of the best racing ever . Come out and see the Vipers take on Corvette, Porsche and more . The weather will be great and there will be Viper owners from all over the country coming in for the event.

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool we will have a full house down there . Seems a bunch of Evo and STI Pro Time Trial guys are coming down to run against us in Time Trials it should be awesome.
Remember we have or regular HPDE , Time Trials and 4 different race groups racing. Even if you dont want to run your car in HPDE come down and watch some great stuff.

P1stOn - early ( 7 am or so ) if you are signed up for the event. If you are spectating then later

P1st0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I signed up for the HPDE event for both days. I have never participated in a track event before so I am pretty nervous/excited. It is a 3 hour drive so waking up at 4 is going to be rough.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
P1st0n, it will be a blast and exciting experience. The nice thing about leaving early (I usually leave Cheshire around 4am) is that there's little traffic all the way down so it should be a pleasant drive. After a full of track on Sat, you will sleep perfectly fine Sat night. :D Make certain you've filled out the tech inspection form, fresh fluids (i.e. brake, oil, etc.), brake pads are OK, etc. and have fun with it. If you're a beginner you will be paired with an instructor which is extremely helpful. By the end of the day you'll be amazed at how much you have learned about your Viper, how it handles, the line, Apex, etc. It's all good. If I was able to go down Sat I would drive down with you. As it stands, I'm heading down late Sat night or early Sunday morning. Definitely hook with ACR Steve and try to get a ride in his ACR...it's an experience you will not forget!

OP
OP
A

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^what Tony said -
but I will add if you cancome down Friday night it’s worth it. Since its your first event you will be nervous(its only natural) and it will be nice to be well rested for Saturday. Saturdaynight you will be exhausted anyway and I guarantee you will get to bed early.Just remember no matter what anybody tell you including your instructor theevent is all about learning to drive on a race track and learning the properline. It has nothing to do with speed. Speed develops naturally as you learnthe line. Never feel like you are pushing the car to try and go fast. You willdevelop a rhythm when you have mastered the line and the speed will be there naturally.

If I can help out at the track with anything let me know.

P1st0n

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will not be able to make it Friday, but thank you for the offer and valuable advice.