Junk man kit, where can I get it?

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That was Ashley you talked to and yes, she knows her stuff. But you can't have her because she's ALL mine! :D

You must be registered for see images

Now thats a junkman video I would love to see!! Don't think YouTube would let you post it though but millions of other sites would. Lol :D

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like those scratches will require some wet sanding. That is not something that I would advise you to try unless you know how to do it. Do you?

I've wet sanded before but it was over 10 years ago. I don't think it's too deep as it's hard to spot in the direct sunlight but with my garage light it's noticeable. Can definitely be felt with your finger/nail. Don't think a compound would work?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not safely, and especially if you can feel it with your fingernail. That's definitely a wet sanding tell-tell. A rotary and a wool pad may remove it but you can really compromise that area by doing that. Remember... paint and clear coat is measured in microns. It takes a thousand microns to equal 1 mil. If your fingernail is catching in a scratch, that puppy is DEEP. Measure the white tip of your fingernail with something that can measure microns and you will quickly get an idea of how deep that scratch is.

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Baby!!! Just got the kit from the Fed X man.
Filled with mixed emotions though, happy and eager to go to work with this kit first on the old DD to get the hang of using the PC, but looking at the wifes Denali XL and the viper mean that I just lost a couple of nice weekends. But it is going to be worth the work.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I made sure to locate this little washer

picture.php

Plus I got this in the mail earlier last week.

picture.php

Wish me luck all.

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Good to hear you got your kit. Sorry for the late response, Junk is right, I was ******* at Carlisle last week and over the weekend. As soon as I got home, had to put my dog down, so been kinda off beat.

If you need anything else, feel free to email me: [email protected].

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am so sorry to hear about that Eric. You have my sypathy for your loss.
I have an old female yellow lab that is not getting any younger and I know the time we have with her is limited. It will be a very sad day when she goes.

Nice to hear back from you and I will be in touch for item as I run out.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about your loss Eric. Man, that's sad.

Bad ASP, I'll PM you my phone number just in case you have any question. Write them down and give me a call. Also, have you gone through this thread? You definitely want to before you get started. There's a ton of good info in that thread.

OP
OP
B

Bad Asp 06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep. read that thread too. All your videos and these threads realy help out, but in the end there is only you and how well you follow the directions laid out for you by guys like you AJ.
We'll see how well I can follow directions.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like those scratches will require some wet sanding. That is not something that I would advise you to try unless you know how to do it. Do you?

I've wet sanded before but it was over 10 years ago. I don't think it's too deep as it's hard to spot in the direct sunlight but with my garage light it's noticeable. Can definitely be felt with your finger/nail. Don't think a compound would work?

I am on the Pa/Del border and would be more than happy to help you out with the wet sanding providing that is what is needed if you like. Of course I always start out with the least aggressive method and work my way up until the problem is resolved.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am on the Pa/Del border and would be more than happy to help you out with the wet sanding providing that is what is needed if you like. Of course I always start out with the least aggressive method and work my way up until the problem is resolved.

No charge, right? :D

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea Baby!!! Just got the kit from the Fed X man.
Filled with mixed emotions though, happy and eager to go to work with this kit first on the old DD to get the hang of using the PC, but looking at the wifes Denali XL and the viper mean that I just lost a couple of nice weekends. But it is going to be worth the work.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

I made sure to locate this little washer

picture.php

Plus I got this in the mail earlier last week.

picture.php

Wish me luck all.

Where did you get the foam gun?

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I carry the Adam's style Foam Guns, IMO they work better than the Gilmour II. They are $60 and come with a FREE 16oz Adam's Car Wash Shampoo. Support the VCA!

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of back and forth emails but I still don't have my kit..... almost three weeks..... where else can we get hooked up on these kits?

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A lot of back and forth emails but I still don't have my kit..... almost three weeks..... where else can we get hooked up on these kits?

Who are you emailing? I show my kit in stock and ready to ship on Adam's site.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who are you emailing? I show my kit in stock and ready to ship on Adam's site.

Yeah, it wasn't Adam's site.... A supporting vendor that promised a lot of free stuff added to this kit which caught my attention but it seems like I am not the only one having this problem since a few have PM'd me asking if it was the same person. It's a shame because he seems like a big vendor that won't be getting any of business with how he runs his.

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, it wasn't Adam's site.... A supporting vendor that promised a lot of free stuff added to this kit which caught my attention but it seems like I am not the only one having this problem since a few have PM'd me asking if it was the same person. It's a shame because he seems like a big vendor that won't be getting any of business with how he runs his.

Sorry about the hang up. Order the kit from the website and use my coupon code (the junkman). That will get you a 10% discount off your order and I guarantee that it will ship. Everything is in stock and ready to go.

GTLaser

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry about the hang up. Order the kit from the website and use my coupon code (the junkman). That will get you a 10% discount off your order and I guarantee that it will ship. Everything is in stock and ready to go.

Thanks, just placed my order. What is the best foam gun on the market and where should I pick it up?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss