just drove back with my new 1999 RT-10

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Long story short, went down to Maine to pickup a viper I bought.

It checked out clean, 500km ride home and it's now sitting in my garage, dirty as hell (car was still in storage so lots of dust)

Drove in a mix of sun/rain the whole way so mixed with the dust.. ya, here is a picture before I was her over the weekend :)

You must be registered for see images

Car is a 1999 RT-10 Black on Cognac, car was actually originally a Canadian car imported to the US which I brought back to Canada! Weird part is, even being a Canadian car, it doesn't have daytime running lights so I will have to get that installed before going to inspection.

kblake905

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 2004 Viper that I bought in the states and drove back to Canada, it was just a software fix by the dealer so that the fog lights are on all the time, (except when the parking brake is on).
Check that out before installing separate running lights.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congrats and no better way to learn and get used to a viper than a nice trip like that !

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should you need any help to register the car don't hesitate to contact us: [email protected]

Usually it is a very easy procedure to install the day time running lights. It is just a wire and a relay. You can remove them later after the inspection.

Andras

WOT!

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Glad to hear that worked out for you. I was wondering when you were going to go get it. Northern ME must have been some fun driving.

Sorry I was unable to look at it for you.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
It is easier to do the switch to daytime running lights on the new Gens, but if your Dealer has any problem getting yours to function, have him ( or you ) call Mark Jorgensen at Woodhouse ( 402-677-5864 cell ) and he can give them instructions for the fix.

Enjoy your new Viper.

Best Regards,
Bill Pemberton

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya I know about snake bite, let's just say the guy that had it before me and showed me the car on the road had more guts with the car then me but he showed me what it could do ;)

back tires are Pirelli P-Zero Rosso and have less then 3000miles on them (they were changed less then 2 years ago) and are pretty sticky, front are Michelin Sports

like I said, I drove in the sun and rain on the way back and the car handled really well but ya, it doesn't mean I will be pushing it hard any time soon ;)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21