Just got my 2001 rt saphire w/ cognac

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So I found a great deal for my 2001 w/ 26000miles it was located 500 miles away and had to decide to have it trucked or fly in and drive it back,so I decided to drive it and my nine year old son would make the trip.the flight out from ny to Ohio was delayed for 12 hours and we sat in the airport all that time, but we got out to see the car and it was love at first site for me but even more for him. I have owned many cars in my 37 years (27 in total)but my son has never had any interest with the others , so he says to me that I should hold on to this one and save it for him! I do love this car it is like no vette or mustang that I have owned but to me it will be always special that it has made my son a car guy no DNA test needed now! Has anyone have this happened with a viper?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
to me it will be always special that it has made my son a car guy no DNA test needed now! Has anyone have this happened with a viper?

Yes it has... My son was 9 when I got mine and is 11 now. Recently he just trumped my buddy that I was going to take to mid-ohio when the GenV GTS-R made it's debut at the race.
When I said I was taking my buddy I quickly heard from the other room... "No WAY dad - That passenger seat is mine!" :nunu:
So I was like , "Uh, sorry dude... my son is becoming a man real quick and starting to intimidate me." :lmao2:
God bless Vipers.
Mike

Leslie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats! I have the same color combo as well.

You will love how the sapphire changes colors in different light!

V

Venomiss

Welcome and congratulations!

Just in time to find out what wwwVOI12.com is all about.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All 5 Of our kids are car crazy. I swear most of the pictures of them growing up has one of the show cars in them. LOL Now that they are all grown up and grand kids are here, its time to get them into the cars also. They all luv the viper the best. Oh yea, welcome to the VCA. Enjoy your ride and teach your son as much as you can. Before you know it, he will be drivin his own ride.:drive:

OP
OP
O

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torquemonster do they have the car bug even now? I really hope my kids will ,it has been a great part of my life and also has driven to work hard.

Torquemonster06

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oilman, They still have the bug. I think even more now that they are all grown up and have good jobs. Lately ive been try to teach my oldest granddaughter about cars, shes almost 5. She loves going for rides in the viper. She always says
'burn-um" grandpa, "burn-um" LOL.

Viper98912

Enthusiast
Reaction score
was this the one from FL? If it was, sounded like a good guy to deal with when I spoke with him a few times

OP
OP
O

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it came from Ohio 3 owner 26 k completely stock new rear tires clean car fax I picked it up for 30300 I think it was a great deal,what do you guys think did I rob it or payed goin rate?

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's nothing wrong with the car I say you did really good. You just don't see many sapphires on the road... I love the color.

OP
OP
O

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have had it for 3 weeks put it up on a lift looks great but gonna bring it to chucks Tators for all the fluid changed and if there any $ left let the mods begin (somebody should start a rehab for car guys and then after two months you can drive a civic too)

chambers

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No it came from Ohio 3 owner 26 k completely stock new rear tires clean car fax I picked it up for 30300 I think it was a great deal,what do you guys think did I rob it or payed goin rate?

I think you did great.. I brought my 2001 RT with 7500 miles last year and paid around 36,700 for it

OP
OP
O

Oilman1934

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my seller just needed to sell his asking price was 34900,what amazed me was how much lower the pricing was if they had a prior accident in some cases it 10000$ less than what would be the norm,but I guess I was skipping those to just being picky ,it seems that A clean car fax goes along way w/ vipers!.Chambers the other thing was the miles mine had 26 k with a car like your w/ 7500 miles ,that price seems to be a good deal also.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dsalameh