Just Got My Brilliant Glaze and Buttery Wax!

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Decided to play around with a few of the corrected panels, below is before any correction and after is with swirl and haze / fine polish / brilliant glaze and buttery wax, all from Adams of course :2tu:

You must be registered for see images attach

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This isn't by hand is it? I've spent many hours trying to get my paint to look that good and still have a few areas I'm unsatisfied with...

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This isn't by hand is it? I've spent many hours trying to get my paint to look that good and still have a few areas I'm unsatisfied with...

No, I used the PC polishing system from Adam's. Funny thing is, the better your paint starts to look the more crap you can see. My Dad washes his Austin Healey with a brillo pad lol and is happy as can be. The orginal owner of my Viper I think was the same way.

Sheeeeeet.

Thanks......I think :D

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a second there I thought I was Adam's Forums. The panel looks great! I haven't tried Buttery because I'm in love with the MSS/Americana combo, but that looks really wet!

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I thought about the americana, and they recommended it, but I have always wanted to try the buttery wax so I did, don't know if it is any better/worse then anything else, but it went on and off easy so I'm happy.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha he sounds a little like my Grandfather. He did would wait until it rained to wash his truck lol. The results you got are amazing! Which PC kit would you recommend? The big one or the "starter" kit?

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just bought the PC7424XP (not from Adam's) and I just pieced my kit together with stuff from them. Start with a pad kit / detail spray / swirl and haze / fine machine polish. That will get you going, plus use code THE JUNKMAN and you will get 10% off. I originally tried to use stuff I already had from Meguiars or Mirror Glaze and then just got what I needed from Adams.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hahaha he sounds a little like my Grandfather. He did would wait until it rained to wash his truck lol. The results you got are amazing! Which PC kit would you recommend? The big one or the "starter" kit?

I got the "Premium Porter Cable Kit" and I love it. It comes with just about everything you'll need to detail your car inside and out. If you are more concerned with just your paint, I recommend Junkman's Kit.

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys! I've been sitting on the fence for awhile now about this kit and I think this thread has convinced me to go ahead and get it in a month or two. Is it really as easy to use as everyone says it is? Junkman's vids make it seem like a walk in the park, but I've always waxed & polished old school style: by hand.

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, just follow Junkman's vids and Adam's vids, I think the key is not applying too much product, I still do it lol. If there is a detail clinic put on by an Adam's rep definately go, I organized one with AJ "The Junkman" here in Louisville this summer for my chapter of the VCA, it was a cool event.

NHL2133

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, just follow Junkman's vids and Adam's vids, I think the key is not applying too much product, I still do it lol. If there is a detail clinic put on by an Adam's rep definately go, I organized one with AJ "The Junkman" here in Louisville this summer for my chapter of the VCA, it was a cool event.

But don't try to combine the techniques, it won't work! :rolaugh:

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can I recommend buying your Adams products thru Thompson racing? Not only will you get a nice discount, but he'll send you a few "extra" items as well! Bonus!!

OP
OP
C

cfiiman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
^^^^ I'll try that on the next order! I always have ordered direct through Adams, but not sure why :dunno:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No, I used the PC polishing system from Adam's. Funny thing is, the better your paint starts to look the more crap you can see. My Dad washes his Austin Healey with a brillo pad lol and is happy as can be. The orginal owner of my Viper I think was the same way.

Thanks......I think :D

How true. That has always blown me away, the shinier you get it the more you can see the swirls and RIDS.

Tito Tw

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to see how good your car surface really is? Try one of these :D Just in case, is a High Quality USB Handheld Digital Video Camera Microscope 500X:2tu::drive:

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to see how good your car surface really is? Try one of these :D Just in case, is a High Quality USB Handheld Digital Video Camera Microscope 500X:2tu::drive:

Hahaha uh-oh. I'm pretty sure no one should ever put my paint to that test unless they want me to go insane and spend the rest of my life trying to fix the stuff you can't even see by eye lol

thompsonracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nice camera! Who makes it?

Thanks Slysnake for the plug! Yes, you can order direct through us as well! Use "SRT" on our site for the discount. Plus we have a few items Adam's doesn't carry, including the Foam Gun, and we sell the PC and Flex seperate! Like Sly said, extra stuff falls in orders if they're for Viper guys!

www.thompsonracing.us

Junkman2008

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Decided to play around with a few of the corrected panels, below is before any correction and after is with swirl and haze / fine polish / brilliant glaze and buttery wax, all from Adams of course :2tu:

Those are some outstanding results. It's about time you started on that puppy! :)

You can never achieve by hand what you can achieve with a machine. Your hand and arm are just not capable of producing the polishing action of a machine.

I thought about the americana, and they recommended it, but I have always wanted to try the buttery wax so I did, don't know if it is any better/worse then anything else, but it went on and off easy so I'm happy.

That's the thing about Buttery Wax. It goes on easy and comes off the same way. The difference is that it doesn't last as long as any of the other waxes that Adam's sells.

The kit that you decide to get should reflect the results that you are looking for. Understanding which kit to buy requires understanding what the products contained within the kit do. For example, if you were looking for a kit strictly designed to address the proper washing of your car, you would not buy a kit that contained the polisher because the polisher has nothing to do with washing your car. Thus, what you need to do is look at each product contained within a kit you are considering and see if each product addresses an issue that you would like to address also. If so, then that is the kit for you.

Now what you will eventually figure out if you end up truly understanding my videos is that all aspect of paint maintenance affect the final results. In other words, you can fix your paint once, wash your car properly and not have to continually repair new paint damage. Or you can fix your paint, wash it improperly and have to continually repair your paint over and over again. This is totally the wrong approach to paint maintenance as it requires you to constantly remove clear coat off the paint. As you can guess, that is not a good scenario. This is exactly why I came out with my kit. It addresses every aspect of paint maintenance, from wash to wax.

I got the "Premium Porter Cable Kit" and I love it. It comes with just about everything you'll need to detail your car inside and out. If you are more concerned with just your paint, I recommend Junkman's Kit.

If you are concerned with EVERY aspect of paint maintenance, I suggest my kit.

Thanks guys! I've been sitting on the fence for awhile now about this kit and I think this thread has convinced me to go ahead and get it in a month or two. Is it really as easy to use as everyone says it is? Junkman's vids make it seem like a walk in the park, but I've always waxed & polished old school style: by hand.

This does take some practice but you are well ahead of the curve if you can follow my very specific instructions within my videos. You don't do it 50% of the way I do it and then 50% of the way someone else does it, you do EXACTLY what I do or EXACTLY what someone else does. You cannot mix techniques. That is a recipe for failure. Once you get your technique down, it truly is a very simple process and you will find that paint correction is actually very easy with the correct products and tools.

^^^^ I'll try that on the next order! I always have ordered direct through Adams, but not sure why :dunno:

Because my discount code only works at the Adam's website. :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Liberty235