Just in case you haven't seen this video

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't know if this is a repost or not, but it is a good video. Ralph states at the end that the car won't be available until Christmas. More so than other videos, he really emphasizes how this car is very different than the old Viper as far as handling and feel is concerned. Wonder how it would fair against a Gen IV ACR's track times?

http://youtu.be/YmVWu0ltJsM

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think all Vipers are unigue in thier own way and have evolved over the years as a better car. The New Viper is a huge leap forward in everyway and takes a bit of the purist out of the car but is still a Viper. I like them all.

Bruce

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I hadn't seen it and its so good to have such a true enthusiast at the helm at SRT.

Jay M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for posting that, I hadn't seen either. Every time I see the car, I like it a little better.

Once I see one in person I might have an urge to sell the house to buy one ;)

~Jay

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Looks even better to me now.

Quite a step up in quality and engineering from what I have, (2001 GTS).

Maybe after 11 years, I'll finally let her go....

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice vid...Thanks...One thing though...I saw another video where Ralph said the scoops behind the side glasses on both sides were for cooling the differential. In this video he says its for cooling the brakes.....Is one side for cooling the differential while the other side is for brakes or did the function change since he last gave that last interview I saw?

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Nice vid...Thanks...One thing though...I saw another video where Ralph said the scoops behind the side glasses on both sides were for cooling the differential. In this video he says its for cooling the brakes.....Is one side for cooling the differential while the other side is for brakes or did the function change since he last gave that last interview I saw?

Or maybe he's "winging it"!

"And these scoops are for the flux capacitor, and these scoops over here are for the tri-onic deflabulator, while these ones over here cool the tacion-ion warp drive core"

Well, that's what I'd do, anyway! :lmao:

just kidding!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
lol...You might be right Vic. I guess we will know soon enough. Production starts in October and they go on sale December....Mags should have the some performance numbers and final specs before then.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
There were some real good shots of the ceiling fans in there!

Maybe he was going for a "Casablanca" kind of atmosphere?

I'm in a flippant mood today...

The car is bitchin, regardless. I want one.

STORMCAT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I too have heard both versions brake cooling Diff cooling .. maybe tha air is split and goes both ways a liitle to the dif and some to the rotor area ?? ,, Also Ralph says the tires are the largest at 355.. The camera man pans down at the 6:44 mark and the tires on this car are 345's . What's up with that?? Are the 355 size tires new? Maybe they are not ready yet?

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I too have heard both versions brake cooling Diff cooling .. maybe tha air is split and goes both ways a liitle to the dif and some to the rotor area ?? ,, Also Ralph says the tires are the largest at 355.. The camera man pans down at the 6:44 mark and the tires on this car are 345's . What's up with that?? Are the 355 size tires new? Maybe they are not ready yet?

I don't think the 355 is even out yet, and why it's rolling on the 345s. I remember overhearing something to that effect at the Gala in NY

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did I hear Ralph say the customer will be able to order a custom interior? Different things as coverings?:dunno: