Just Picked Up Rare 1:24 silver RT/10!

Discussion in 'Merchandise, Collectibles, Memorabilia, Apparel, a' started by Vipuronr, Apr 23, 2011.

1. markk

markk VCA Venom Member - Northeast

I just got a call from my local Michael's store. The SKU numbers were turned back on today. The store can special order any number of cases you want. Unfortunately they take a few weeks to arrive, but now that the SKU is active, hopefully the stores will be getting more inventory.

2. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

That's cool, thanks for letting me know Mark!

3. JohnnyViper

JohnnyViper Viper Owner

very cool :drive:

4. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

My green 1:24 RT/10 just arrived today....looks cool. My "little" collection is looking nicer with each addition. Picked up a solid black '93 with chrome wheels, think its Bburago. Only one to go is blue & white....will wait a little so my wife doesn't get too annoyed.

5. JohnnyViper

JohnnyViper Viper Owner

well i officially started my collection over the weekend, I bought my first one a year ago and had not run into any since, I was at a flea market on sundays and surprisingly found a bunch and bought everyone that i ran into :D

6. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

Funny....hey, a bargain is a bargain!!!

Post some pictures soon, always fun to see what others have.:D

By the way, are you going to TatorToga next week?

7. markk

The display cases for 1:18 size cars are back at Michael's. I picked up 3 today. My local store gets their shipment on Friday, so fortunately no one else got them before me. Oddly, no cases for 1:24 size though.

8. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

I was told in 3 of the 5 stores I was at that the 1:24 size was discontinued at Michaels...

9. markk

The store manager at my local store also says the 1:24 size is now on clearance, so they won't be getting any more in.

10. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

Yup, that's the story I got...tough to find since they've been on clearance for awhile...but I got a few at least:D

11. markk

I was away from home today and stopped at the Michael's in the area. I scooped up the 6 1:18 size and 10 1:24 size cases that they had. The manager was there and she said the 1:24 cases are not discontinued. She had just completed her order planning (she had a more technical term) and said the 1:24 cases were part of the order so they were not discontinued. A number of the cases that I bought had just arrived in their Friday shipment so that seems like good news.

12. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

That'good to know. Though I have ptretty much run out of room and the last three complete my 1:24 collection.

Fortunately, I did manage to get all the cases I needed...though it took five stores to get them. :))

13. v10enomous

v10enomous Viper Owner

I just saw on the News that Michael's had some type of major credit card breach causing Customer identity theft or something.

14. Vipuronr

Vipuronr Viper Owner

Figures.....but, I'm done with my Micheal's visits! :D

15. crackleking

crackleking Enthusiast

I have one with 5,300 miles. showroom. luv it.

16. crackleking

crackleking Enthusiast

What year is your silver rt? Is it without a stripe? I have a 98 rt, silver, no stripe. Only 127 were made, and no other silver rt's were made from 92 - 02. I like to know how many 98 silvers are still left.