just saw the new viper at VOI and......

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question to the lucky ones who saw it: is it an evolution of the Gen 3 & 4 design language, a Gen 2 retrospective or a bold step forward, a true design reach?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Question to the lucky ones who saw it: is it an evolution of the Gen 3 & 4 design language, a Gen 2 retrospective or a bold step forward, a true design reach?

More so a Gen 2 retrospective. You can see a little Gen III/IV in it, but much more GTS than anything. The new Viper will have a front mount V-10 by the information given. :2tu::2tu::2tu::2tu:

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was at Ford GT annual Rally (unfortunately no new GT on horizon) Did they say what year the new Viper will come out? 2012, 2013? Where it will be built?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
now comes the real trick--- how much is this little bastard gonna cost:confused:

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't matter a bit to me. :smirk: You guys with the bucks will buy it when it comes out... so you are anxious. Good, I hope they tease you some more. :lmao: (Just joking with you guys)

I may be able to afford one many years later so take care of it so I can have a nice one after you are done with it. :) I don't care if I see what it looks like right now as I am just enjoying and getting used to my Gen 3. :) I am down a bit on the Viper owner's food chain, so keep the nice used ones coming as I will never be able to buy a new one on a teacher's salary, but that is fine with me. :drive:

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Doesn't matter a bit to me. :smirk: You guys with the bucks will buy it when it comes out... so you are anxious. Good, I hope they tease you some more. :lmao: (Just joking with you guys)

I may be able to afford one many years later so take care of it so I can have a nice one after you are done with it. :) I don't care if I see what it looks like right now as I am just enjoying and getting used to my Gen 3. :) I am down a bit on the Viper owner's food chain, so keep the nice used ones coming as I will never be able to buy a new one on a teacher's salary, but that is fine with me. :drive:

Not so sure about that. Hell, you have owned 4 Vipers, this is my first. As long as we ALL enjoy them that is the key!!

thehouseofpower

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new logo is hot, very curouis to see what the new grill looks like. Does it look anything like any of the drawings that has been out on te site thus far?

REDBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Doesn't sound very good. Could do without a bunch of Audi LEDs. I'll stick with my GTS.

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw the new viper, it was good. Dans description was very good and accurate. I will just add a few things. First, the wheels were awesome, so was the oblong ovalish side exhaust. There was alot of carbon fiber, especially in the rear. THere were two air vents/intakes on the side, one behind the door and the other behind the rear wheel. They looked good. The side profile definitely look gen2 ish.

The rear looked aston martinish with alot of carbon fiber. It looked good but not great, IMHO. I dont think it would take much to make it great. The top of the car had a very pronounced dip that was almost v shaped that went from the windshield into the rear glass. It has a curved bubble top but the "v" area was slightly angled and very noticeable. It look really good.

The front of the car was "new", that was probably the best part of the car. Ralph was very interested in having the front look awesome. It had a hood scoop and also had some, what I will call ford gt style air vents in the hood. These were on each side of the hood scoop. The "vents" were not quite as deep as the ford gt's but made the hood look very curvy. The lights and front facia look very good.

The overall stance of the car looked/appeared to be about the same as the gen4. It had body panels, no clamshell hood but it is very curvy.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so sure about that. Hell, you have owned 4 Vipers, this is my first. As long as we ALL enjoy them that is the key!!

Yea... I have owned a 1994, 1998, 2001, and now a 2003. All trading up--never owned at the same time. I traded my old 1970 Dodge Super Bee for my first Viper to have some money down and get the ball rolling.

You are right, as long as we all enjoy them! :drive: I was just giving some meaningless "all in good fun" crap to those who can just go out and buy a new one when they come out. Good for them! :2tu: I could be doing the same thing if I took my 9 years of college education and stayed in industry instead of going into teaching. A guy I started with at Price Waterhouse out of college is now the CFO of a Fortune 50 corporation. I choose more time off over money. No complaints. I just have to wait until the new ones get older and lose value before I can buy. I just found it kind of funny how anxious some are about what it looks like when it won't matter to me for years... :)

It will be interesting what the price point is...

SCSViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yea... I have owned a 1994, 1998, 2001, and now a 2003. All trading up--never owned at the same time. I traded my old 1970 Dodge Super Bee for my first Viper to have some money down and get the ball rolling.

You are right, as long as we all enjoy them! :drive: I was just giving some meaningless "all in good fun" crap to those who can just go out and buy a new one when they come out. Good for them! :2tu: I could be doing the same thing if I took my 9 years of college education and stayed in industry instead of going into teaching. A guy I started with at Price Waterhouse out of college is now the CFO of a Fortune 50 corporation. I choose more time off over money. No complaints. I just have to wait until the new ones get older and lose value before I can buy. I just found it kind of funny how anxious some are about what it looks like when it won't matter to me for years... :)

It will be interesting what the price point is...

That is the very interesting part to me. I think they will get the design right, but with all of the talk of nicer interior and more carbon fiber the price has to go up. Is Dodge/Fiat going to try and keep the price ~$100,000 or is it going to be priced near a 911 TT (~$150,000) or start to push $200,000? I would like them to keep it near 100 so more people are able to enjoy the Viper, JMO.

Yellow32

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the very interesting part to me. I think they will get the design right, but with all of the talk of nicer interior and more carbon fiber the price has to go up. Is Dodge/Fiat going to try and keep the price ~$100,000 or is it going to be priced near a 911 TT (~$150,000) or start to push $200,000? I would like them to keep it near 100 so more people are able to enjoy the Viper, JMO.

No doubt the price will exceed $200, maybe $250,000 if it is a body shell entirely made of carbon fiber

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anything design tips taken from their Fire Power? Like the back end?

4030DSC02880.JPG

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It had body panels, no clamshell hood but it is very curvy.

Actually the body panel grooves didn't enable opening like a typical hood, and while it is possible it could open that way but with the attached fenders opening along with it, it appeared to open like Gen 2 clamshells (though without the side fender pieces all of the way down to the side sills, instead appeared like Gen 3/4 there, with the extended pieces coming up from the side sills).

1fast400

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Previous gen vipers will drop like a rock in price if it is priced at 90. If it is at 120. The gen 4 guys won't get totally ***** on old values

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gen III/IV guys need not worry. The grapevine says pricing is between $110K and $130K which is expected when Ferrari (Fiat) is involved with some of the engine design. I wish Pininfarina is involved too! Unfortunately at the mid 6-digit pricing level the Viper has degenerated into a snob car. I would love the price point to be at inflation adjusted Gen II pricing.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hope its 130k so hardly no-one can get one......:lmao::lmao:you guys can buy my 09 for what i paid new...:lmao: hahahahah thats mean aint it!!!hahahahahah

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
seen this on a french website today :)

You must be registered for see images attach
[/

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member