Just to throw another log on your SRT-10 Coupe fire, the Firepower:

Cris

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like it. Has a lot of the Crossfire and some ME412 styling cues.

If it were priced similar to the base vette and had comparable performance there would be no question which I would prefer.

Wonder if added volume would allow DC to make the SRT and Firepower frame aluminum, similar to the Z06.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i think it's a great looking car, easily producable(built on SRT frame). should be priced reasonably some scales of economy w/ SRT frame and engine, guessing that suspension pieces would be the same also.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kinda makes you wonder why the Viper doesn't get any serious design attention . . . especially since there are no production plans for the Firepower! :p

Krazy PSI

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT LOOKS SHARP!!!!
-----------------------------

2003 SRT-HEFFNER TWINTURBO "1040RWHP&1135RWTQ"
1999 DIABLO VT-HEFFNER TWIN SUPERCHARGED "620hp&740tq"
2005 MERCEDES CL65-HEFFNER MODIFIED&TUNED "650HP&830TQ"
2005 MURCIELAGO ROADSTER-HEFFNER SOON TO BE TWINTURBOED
2003 HUMMER H2 HEFFNER WHIPPLECHARGED/6SPEED TRANSMISSION CONVERSION
2005 AUDI A8 BONE STOCK (WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 20 INCH HRE'S)

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's built on the SRT-10 platform.
It has an SRT-8 engine with 425 HP.

Perhaps someone should start investigating the blower potential for that engine :D

ericj96

VCA Member
Reaction score
VERY SHARP LOOKING CAR....I HOPE THEY BUILD IT. CHRYSLER NEEDS A MUSCLE-SPORTS CAR THAT AVERAGE PEOPLE CAN AFFORD AND DRIVE EVERY DAY. AS MUCH AS I LOVE MY VIPER.....ITS NOT VERY PRACTICAL FOR PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE MULTIPLE CARS AND 70 GRAND THEY CAN SPEND ON THINGS THEY REALLY DON'T NEED.

ERIC

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AWESOME!! Change the grill, add two cylinders to the Hemi and that's the new Viper i've been waiting for.
Anymore pix?

Z06J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car!!! I am glad DC wants a less expensive competitor for the base Vette.

S

sachin

someone please tell me that it will come in a manual transmission? Have yet to see any of the HEMI powered sedans offered with one.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Rumors are auto, only ,and I agree the car is gorgeous, back , side , overhead, whatever, but the grill needs some change. Other than that this would be a perfect GT and the price would open up a new market for a Viper based machine.

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually don't fear for the Viper with the FirePower's production because it'a aimed more at the BMW, Jaguar, Mercedes coupe market with luxury being a key element.

In fact now that the Ram uses the Viper's V10, and the prospect of leveraging the SRT-10 Viper's frame for the Firepower, there is a better chance of the Viper staying alive as the components (and therefore production costs) are shared.

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Look at the pictures of the Firepower from the Detroit show. It is far better looking, on every level, than the SRT coupe. The SRT coupe is a jerryrigged design. It looks like it was designed by Dr. Frankenstein. It is awful. It is embarrassing. It is also enriching since the value of our GTSs will go up as a result of the poor design. (The new coupe looks ok in black because black hides all the design flaws.) I apologize in advance to those of you who like the new design but I felt, and still feel, that the SRT design was a betrayal of the Viper gestalt. Since Lutz is gone, I am concerned that DC, egos being what they are, will eventually kill off the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960