Just wanted to say Hi

gtsacrrox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought a 2001 ACR with 22k miles. Really enjoying the car, it was a real handful at High Plains Raceway. I have got a lot to learn compared to my previous track car. 2002 Z06. If anybody is taking there Viper to the track please let me know it seems I am always the only Viper on the track.

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations on the ACR. A number of the local VCA guys also like HPR. I'm sure we'll have an event or two out there next year. They will probably chime in here soon. I could use some track time...someone just told me earlier in the week that I should 'take it to the track' :D.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bought a 2001 ACR with 22k miles. Really enjoying the car, it was a real handful at High Plains Raceway. I have got a lot to learn compared to my previous track car. 2002 Z06. If anybody is taking there Viper to the track please let me know it seems I am always the only Viper on the track.

01 ACR Hint:

Once you get a performance alignment, {and verfiy that the 10-year old DSI shocks are NOT LEAKING} your ACR should NOT be a handful...it should be delightfully predictable. REALLY! When you ran the '02 Z-06, did you run track events with the aids turned off?
No such watchdog in the Viper.

Decent tires? OE BBS wheels? (great wheel)

And the stock rear shocks are waaaay oversprung. You will definitely benefit from a softer rear spring, unless you have a WING that requires that stiff a shock...

Best of luck.......... JonB~~~~:<~

Last edited:

Detlef

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is the CECA provisional Schedule for the 2011 Season

May 7, Saturday - Pueblo Motorsports Park, Pueblo, CO
June 25, Saturday - High Plains Raceway, Byers, CO
August 27, Saturday - Colorado State Patrol Training Facility, Golden CO
September 24, Saturday - High Plains Raceway, Byers, CO

Contact [email protected] to get on their mailing list

CECA is very safety conscious and a fine club to run with. Here is a video from a CECA event with yours truly:
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jv8kYYMBxf8[/media]

If you are more adventurous go for the lapping days. No passing rules so those with slicks get to pass you on the inside ;-)
Check the schedule Calendar | High Plains Raceway | Your Colorado Performance Driving and Racing Future

I'll be there next year and the CO Viper club does attend the CECA events.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

gtsacrrox

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Thank You for the responses. JonB you already helped me have Carl Haas rebuild my shocks, much thanks they were shot and one rear was bent:( The previous owner bought from you and installed Belanger Headers, Hi Flow Cats, Corsa Exhaust and 850lb springs. I am running on new Pilots at 37psi on the track, you are right I am very used to the helping hand of the Z06's ECU. Detlef thank you for the schedule I will be at all events.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth