Kansas City Dyno Results (BIG photos)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, don't say I didn't warn you about the photos - they are big and will take a bit to load. Sorry, but I wanted people to be able to read the graphs.

Okay! We had our third annual Dyno Day for the Kansas City VCA this past Sunday, April 27th at MC Racing in Overland Park. We had a good turn out, with eleven Vipers, including three new SRT-10's. We knew one of the SRT's was involved with the recall and were interested to see how it dyno'ed. Now, I don't remember all of the mods exactly on each of these cars, but have a good idea on most. While the dyno supposedly corrects for temperature, barometric pressure, etc., many thought the numbers to be just a hair lower than usual. Some had dyno'ed before at this same dyno with the same mods and had slightly better results previously. No big deal, as we all had a great time.

<center>
You must be registered for see images
</center>

On with the show!

<center><span style='font-size:14.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>1998 GTS-R: Smooth tubes, filters, Corsa catback</font></span>

<span style='font-size:14.0pt;
mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>2000 RT/10: Smooth tubes, filters, Borla catback</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>1999 RT/10: Smooth tubes, filters, NOS 125 shot</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>2003 SRT-10: Bone stock, "bad" valves</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>1997 GTS: Headers, exhaust, flywheel, and ??</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>1998 GTS: Headers, exhaust, flywheel, 3.54 gears, hamster</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>2003 SRT-10: Bone stock</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>2001 RT/10: Tubes, filters, exhaust</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>2000 RT/10: Roe Supercharger, no side sills</font></span>

mso-bidi-font-size:18.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:red'>1995 RT/10: Doug Levin intercooled Supercharger</font></span>

</center>

Whew! We also had Frank run his 2003 SRT-10 and he set the pace for the SRT's with 449.7 rwhp and 499.8 rwtq. I just didn't get a printout of his graphs, dang it. I did, however, get a picture of an SRT rear wheel going around 150 mph...

<center>
</center>

Sorry I don't have more to add right now, but it is late and I am tired. More later!

Chris

Daffy Duck Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey, cool deal. Thanks for the info, and the extras you put in - pics and such. You do quality posting, Chris. :)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Chris,
Really cool presentation. You've got some nice looking, powerful Vipers in Kansas. Especially like the GT2, ketchup and mustard GTS with added yellow stripes and the DLM RT/10...what color is that one?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, any thoughts to why the SRT curves are choppier? Especially the one with bad valves. I wonder if the differential is causing it. Or if the engine torque/power is really like that.

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the DLM RT/10...what color is that one?

That one is one of the coolest ones around: 1995 Green (factory color), gold "Shelby" stripes (small pinstripe on outside), Autoform hard top with intake, wing (not sure whose), customized Gen I hood (with Gen II NACA duct and fender vents), custom matching dash (gorgeous, picture below), 2000 GTS wheels, and one freakin' CRAZY motor built by Doug Levin &amp; Co...

Definitely MY favorite car in the club!

Chris

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the dyno graphs and pics of the cars! :laugh:

I just dynoed a couple days ago, and it's good to see how the car stands up to other comparable Vipers.

-Dean.

tattooed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Okay, any thoughts to why the SRT curves are choppier? Especially the one with bad valves. I wonder if the differential is causing it. Or if the engine torque/power is really like that.

with my 99 C5, i had a similar looking choppy dyno result on that dyno at MC Racing. my problem was bad plug wires. a set of new MSD 8.5's to replace the stock wires solved my problem.

btw, great pics and info Chris! thanks for taking the time to edit and post those images. :)

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
the DLM RT/10...what color is that one?

That one is one of the coolest ones around: 1995 Green (factory color), gold "Shelby" stripes (small pinstripe on outside), Autoform hard top with intake, wing (not sure whose), customized Gen I hood (with Gen II NACA duct and fender vents), custom matching dash (gorgeous, picture below), 2000 GTS wheels, and one freakin' CRAZY motor built by Doug Levin &amp; Co...

Definitely MY favorite car in the club!

Chris
Chris,
Thanks for the additional info and pic of this car. I agree with you that is a beautiful, unique and very powerful VIPER. Would like to see more exterior pics if available.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, those are those great numbers, and even greater machines. Congrats to all the guys who actually decided to run theirs!

Kinda gets me all nostalgic, back when I went to a VCA dynoday in New England. Heh, wonder when the next New England one is gonna be.