Kumho Ecsta xs 335/35/17 tires--Will they EVER make them again?

vicj

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Been waiting for my order for the subject tires since last summer. There is a Nationwide backorder for them that is STILL in effect :mad::mad: Unfortunately I bought brand new Ecsta xs tires for the front (97 GTS) before I knew this debacle was going to happen and I'm running Drag Radials in the rears for now.

Now I've got a decision to make--keep waiting (no firm end in sight to the backorder) or buy different tires for the rear so that I can actually drive the car further than short distances. I'm so sick of waiting and am leaning towards buying Michelin Pilots for the rear.

Most tire people that I talk to say as long as the fronts are the same and the rears are the same.... it shouldnt be much of a problem.

Any advice or recommendations would be appreciated!?

Zentenk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going to pick up full set of some 17's can't wait! Need before July.

jckrieger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any news on these tires? My GTS needs new shoes and I could get by with just a pair of rears. They seem to have been out of stock since last year so now might be the time to get some PS2's.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
http://www.kumhousa.com/tire/category/comp-race/675DCE77-813E-4027-B467-2BEA0466BD5C

Check out the Size tab there. The 335 * 17 has not been listed by them for a while. Always a good idea to verify the date code the tire was made if you do find any "new stock" out there.

I recall stories of some MXX3 tires showing up as "new" several years after they Michelin discontinued their production. They must have been sitting in a warehouse somewhere just getting old.

Any news on these tires? My GTS needs new shoes and I could get by with just a pair of rears. They seem to have been out of stock since last year so now might be the time to get some PS2's.