Last chance for 2011: Wednesday night drags at Infineon, 11/16...

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rich I had my car all set to go but, work got in the way again and I didn't finish till 8pm The 27 of November will be the final Sunday for racing and I am bound and determined to get there.

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Work almost kept me from going... But I endured traffic, arrived after 6, and got one practice run. Finally hooked well on my first race, but broke out. Good news was that I destroyed my previous PB with a 11.672 @ 117.59. 60' was 1.685 and made all the difference.

If weather allows the Turkey drags, there will be a couple NorCal Challengers there. I won't be able to make it, though.

Rich

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am going Sunday for sure just preped the car. That was a great time Rich. My PB is 11.55. Be fun to race together. If you going let me know. There are a couple classes to run in under 12 sec and over 12 sec. and of course the trophy class which is cheaper to run in. or you can run both trophy and the oterh if you like. Sunday is Fun Day

OP
OP
R

rw99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't make it tomorrow, dammit. There will be some people from the Challenger club: look for a big guy in a B5 Blue SRT8 for sure... His name's Mike, you may have met him before. Tell him Rich says he expects another trophy!

Have a great time and let me know how the day went...

Rich

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will look for him. Looks like a nice day. I started up the donation request for the officer Jim Capoot shot in Vallejo last week, so I best show up. That was truely a bad day for family, friends and the community. We are trying to raise some additional money to help. All the contestants, and spectators will be asked to donate something to help out. He was not an actual Top the Cop racer but, the Vallejo police force had an officer racing until they ran out of money and had to lay him off. Thanks for your help.... For those who would like to donate but cannot attend the STP Bracket Drags event, donations can be mailed to:
The Officer James Capoot Family Trust, c/o Vallejo Police Officer's Association, Sgt. Mark Nicol, P.O. Box 4218, Vallejo, CA 94590.

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well the day started out with some pretty dense fog so nobody got going till around 10:30 My first run was ok but the track past the 1000' mark was a bit loose so I had to get out of it. The next pass was ok. In the finals I hit the red light -.006 so I was finished. Had fun though.... I saw Mike and the 392 but I didn't see them run. The problem with Sunday racing is it makes for a long day without much racing but, it was fun to watch the superpro guys run. All in all fun.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62