Latest from Edmunds. Dyno test.

bcmarly

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was getting too absurd to enjoy it anymore.

Last edited:

chorps

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob;

I happen to know for a fact SRT did not evaluate Michelin for the GEN V. They never had a chance to! When the tire contract came out on the GEN V, Michelin did not even tender a response bid. This is right from the high altitude SRT test team out here in Colorado for the GEN V. While Michelin tires are vastly superior to Pirelli tires (IMHO anyway and the series on the GEN V now), it is hard to establish a supply chain contract for the tire when the supply company refuses to bid on the tire contract and the company's Alliance supply chain contract is Pirelli period.

This lines up with what I've heard about the Michelin-Chrysler relationship. Michelin had a *very* close working relationship with Chrysler up until the bail out. Not sure who made the call or whether the call was made from outside Chrysler management, but Michelin was made to line up along with every other creditor.

This really put a huge damper on any enthusiasm that Michelin had in working with Chrysler, so now we are sitting here seeing how great those Michelins really are on the ZR1.

bluestreak

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The crazy thing is that gm and corvette racing had crazy supplier debts. Yet they managed to salvage that relationship. The GTS R's are running Michelin too, so there has to be some relationship there.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bob in further reference to ALL your above posts kindly google Track Guys and Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords take ONE LAP OF AMERICA WIN in ROUSCH MUSTANG .Jack Rousch himself (you do know who that is )comments on the DRIVING ABILITY of the driver YOUR questioning here. Rouschs logic in hiring him to run the one lap was that he could hold his own on the roadracing events and DOMINATE the drag racing events =EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED .LOL what does Jack Roush know about racing as he could have hired a top fuel driver to race a factory stock tired car (maybe ONE FROM THAT FRANK HAWKINS SCHOOL )

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS. I am not questioning the driver. You are being questioned. The fact that you cannot ascertain that indicates that you are so enmeshed and infatuated with that person that you have lost a sense of where you end and where he begins. I think that you should consider getting some help. I hope that you seek it out. I wish you well.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS. I am not questioning the driver. You are being questioned. The fact that you cannot ascertain that indicates that you are so enmeshed and infatuated with that person that you have lost a sense of where you end and where he begins. I think that you should consider getting some help. I hope that you seek it out. I wish you well.
BOB you got caught plain and simple when you REFERENCED the top fuel criteria not knowing WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PRO DRIVER SHOOTOUT (The facts you presented in your arguement were dead wrong )and now your trying to convilute the truth .Before you post you should make sure what your saying is correct .Also RESEARCH exactly who your commenting on (DRIVER BACKGROUND )BEFORE you post (its less embarrassing that way )

Vypr Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The ******* contest is over, we have a winner:

:rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh: :rolaugh:

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BOB you got caught plain and simple when you REFERENCED the top fuel criteria not knowing WHAT HAPPENED IN THE PRO DRIVER SHOOTOUT (The facts you presented in your arguement were dead wrong )and now your trying to convilute the truth .Before you post you should make sure what your saying is correct .Also RESEARCH exactly who your commenting on (DRIVER BACKGROUND )BEFORE you post (its less embarrassing that way )

WHY do YOU type LIKE this IN every POST you MAKE?

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
See post number 187. Get some help.

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1BADGTS has a severe man-crush on a Mustang magazine editor, Evan Smith. Do a search on this site for Evan Smith, you'll find 100s of posts about him made by 1BADGTS. We even joked that 1BADGTS will someday be discovered to be Evan - just trolling us. I know he isn't because I've spoken to Evan and asked about 1BADGTS and Evan just laughed about it. 1BADGTS has a life-sized poster of Evan on his wall. :)

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
1BADGTS has a severe man-crush on a Mustang magazine editor, Evan Smith. Do a search on this site for Evan Smith, you'll find 100s of posts about him made by 1BADGTS. We even joked that 1BADGTS will someday be discovered to be Evan - just trolling us. I know he isn't because I've spoken to Evan and asked about 1BADGTS and Evan just laughed about it. 1BADGTS has a life-sized poster of Evan on his wall. :)
LOl when EXACTLY did you speak to him as hes having trouble remembering the conversation (email me you phone number and the 3 of us will all talk together so you can congradulate him for winning the ONE LAP OF AMERICA and PRO DRIVER TEST SHOOTOUT )

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already congratulated Evan via Facebook. I made the fun comment about you at SEMA 2 yrs ago. I'm glad you have Evan on speed dial, I wish we all had our heroes so easily accessible. Please post a photo of you two man-hugging it out.

Imagine how much faster Evan would be, without you swinging from his nuts!

ACRucrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THIS thread MAKES me WANT to PUNCH baby PENGUINS in THEIR cute LITTLE face OVER and OVER and OVER and OVER. RAAAAAAAAAAAGEeee!!1111

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What I learned from this ridiculous thread
1) GM luckily sends a car that is amazing at dynos to a dyno test
2) Ralph is amazingly on top of stuff and willing to do more than any other car guy to not only stay on top of issues, but to correct any possible misconceptions
3) We've heard from FL, and a few sources within the plant that say a change is afoot (the circumstancial evidence of a customer delivery delays supports this)
4) lots of posters that are labeled "enthusiast" have a lot to say about viper dynos

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On the Road & Track Dyno test. This is what happened,and was the reason for those low hp numbers..

Here's what happened. Road & Track had the car for a limited amount of time. They came to the shop with the car heat soaked and did not have time to let it cool down. Thus, the car was dyno'd hot and it was on CA 91 octane fuel. We did have a big ass fan flowing on the car. When I got the numbers I contacted SRT engineering to let them know. Heat soak can easily be worth 20-30 rwhp and 2 octane points can equal another 20 rwhp. I'd expect to see the car putting down 570+ rwhp on a cold dyno pull with 93 octane.

SRT / Chrysler needs to learn a few things from the Ferrari PR department. The boys from Maranello do not allow their cars to go to media without having a tech and or engineer present. That way they can protect both their car and their brand by properly managing whatever third party test is going down.

By the way, a few "Viper experts" have suggested that the car would have made more power with the hood down. If anything, it probably makes a few more ponies with the hood open. Either way, all of this could have been avoided by having the magazines agree to a simple policy to allow 1 hour to let the car cool down before dyno testing.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the Road & Track Dyno test. This is what happened,and was the reason for those low hp numbers..

So what caused the numbers that were put down by the ZR1? If any car would have significant suffrage from heat soak, it would be that one, yet it still managed to put down 48 rwhp more than the average ZR1. Hmmmm....smaller pulley?

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So what caused the numbers that were put down by the ZR1? If any car would have significant suffrage from heat soak, it would be that one, yet it still managed to put down 48 rwhp more than the average ZR1. Hmmmm....smaller pulley?

No this was Road And Track. Not Edmunds..

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id rather see dyno #'s at operating temp rather than cold start for three reasons. 1. Its safer for the motor and drivetrain. 2. The numbers are more consistant with reality(like how much power your car makes while driving down the road) 3. I think it might be better for tuning since WOT at operating temp sbould be the ideal parameters to tune for.

I think the standard for all cars to be dynod should be the following:
1. Drive the car on the dyno for 5-10 min to heat up all the fluids.
2. Let the car idle untill the radiator fan kicks on and let it run.
3. As soon as the fan cuts off do the pull

--------------------------

I think if your dynoing a cold motor with cold fluids in the trans and diff that your just trying to prove something at the expense of possible damage to the car.

V10lover

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Id rather see dyno #'s at operating temp rather than cold start for three reasons. 1. Its safer for the motor and drivetrain. 2. The numbers are more consistant with reality(like how much power your car makes while driving down the road) 3. I think it might be better for tuning since WOT at operating temp sbould be the ideal parameters to tune for.

I think the standard for all cars to be dynod should be the following:
1. Drive the car on the dyno for 5-10 min to heat up all the fluids.
2. Let the car idle untill the radiator fan kicks on and let it run.
3. As soon as the fan cuts off do the pull

--------------------------

I think if your dynoing a cold motor with cold fluids in the trans and diff that your just trying to prove something at the expense of possible damage to the car.

So, in other words you agree that the new Gen 5 viper is underpowered and is making less power than a H/C Gen 2 viper or the same as a GEN 4?

I personaly thought the new car would be puting down a MINIMUM of 600RWHP.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
V10Lover,
Read what i wrote. It was just a general comment about dynoing in response to people talking about dynoing on a cold motor which i dissagree with.

Now , in response to your comment: I have no doubt that the Gen5 Viper makes more power than the Gen4 Viper in reality. The SRT engineers are much better at maintaining consistant comparable conditions on their engine dyno.

I think it would have been a better comparison if edmunds would have also dynoed someones personal used Gen4 Viper & ZR1on the same day. When GOL does a full comparison of radar detectors they not only take a newinbox one from vendors they also test used ones from enthusiasts. So the test ends up looking like:
Valentine1 #1 (from vendor X)
Valentine1 #2 (from joe shmoe)
Valentine1 #3 (from jack smith)
Bell 955 #1 (from vendor X)
Bell 955 #2 (from bill johnson)
Bell Sti #1 (from vendor Y)
Bell Sti #2 (from pam anderson)

Good idea right?

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already congratulated Evan via Facebook. I made the fun comment about you at SEMA 2 yrs ago. I'm glad you have Evan on speed dial, I wish we all had our heroes so easily accessible. Please post a photo of you two man-hugging it out.

Imagine how much faster Evan would be, without you swinging from his nuts!
Dont get mad at me because the man doesnt have a clue as to who you are .Like i.said earlyier PM me your phone number so we can all DISCUSS YOUR REPLYS ON THE PHONE TOGETHER.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont get mad at me because the man doesnt have a clue as to who you are .Like i.said earlyier PM me your phone number so we can all DISCUSS YOUR REPLYS ON THE PHONE TOGETHER.
ps Nine when the 3 of us have our little chat on the phone you can ask him all out me having his number on speed dial ect .The fact of the matter is EVAN was racing my Viper close to 20 year ago (He won 4 straight Viper Nat titles in the NA MODIFYED DIV) Rich Napp who owns a track called Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ made the intro_Over the years if they are testing at E-TOWN and one of his MAGS needs a PRIVATE OWNER high end high perf car Evan will call to see if i can procure one for him If you RESEARCH the testing photo shoots ect hes done regarding Vipers over the past 20 years iam the guy who often got him the cars inturn i have a SLIGHT amount of exeriance as to the EXACT TESTING PROCEDURES used to obtain results.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ps Nine when the 3 of us have our little chat on the phone you can ask him all out me having his number on speed dial ect .The fact of the matter is EVAN was racing my Viper close to 20 year ago (He won 4 straight Viper Nat titles in the NA MODIFYED DIV) Rich Napp who owns a track called Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ made the intro_Over the years if they are testing at E-TOWN and one of his MAGS needs a PRIVATE OWNER high end high perf car Evan will call to see if i can procure one for him If you RESEARCH the testing photo shoots ect hes done regarding Vipers over the past 20 years iam the guy who often got him the cars inturn i have a SLIGHT amount of exeriance as to the EXACT TESTING PROCEDURES used to obtain results.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dugger