Launch Edition spotted at Cars and Coffee in Irvine, California

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
cool. i was all stuck on getting one at 1st. glad i didnt now that i paid less $$ to get something more exclusive.

plus i dont like the wheels and i'm sick of black interior; i suspect the stripes would make me feel juvenile too once the novelty wears off.

still a beautiful machine. pics & vids dont do it justice imo

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey that's my car. Thanks for forwarding the link!

P.S. Enjoying feeling "juvenile". :)

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice video....thanks for posting. I dunno....I've had stripes for 12 years and wouldn't have it any other way. :D

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The stripes are part of the heritage of the car, which comes from its original link to the Shelby Cobra and Cobra Daytona. In the 60s, race teams like Shelby used the stripes as a way of assessing the car's slip angle while on course in a race or testing.

I can see why some people may think of stripes as being too ostentatious, and hence a little juvenile. But for me it represents an important part of its heritage.

Just my $0.02.

PilotaX

Viper Owner
Reaction score
PS The blue paint is also a link to heritage. It was the color of most of the Shelby team cars and it was considered by some to be the national colors of US racing teams in international competition.

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stripes are part of the heritage of the car, which comes from its original link to the Shelby Cobra and Cobra Daytona. In the 60s, race teams like Shelby used the stripes as a way of assessing the car's slip angle while on course in a race or testing.

I can see why some people may think of stripes as being too ostentatious, and hence a little juvenile. But for me it represents an important part of its heritage.

Just my $0.02.

I never understood why people would complain it is ostentatious.

The entire idea of the Viper is ostentatious. Its whole existence is preposterous.

That is what makes it awesome.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth