Lawyer Required? - Speeding Ticket 81 in a 55 - Boone County

jmbaileyniu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was on my way to work and got a speeding ticket for 81 in a 45 WITHOUT wreckless driving. There will be an appearance required because it was over 30 over, so I was wondering if it would be wise for me to show up by myself or should I have a lawyer come with me. My last offense was 20 over a year ago. Any recommendations? If I do need a lawyer, does anyone know of a good local traffic lawyer to help me out? I live in the Rockford/Belvidere, IL region and am concerned about the suspension of my license. Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks for your time

James Bailey
309-231-0840

Edit: 81 in a 45, sorry

Last edited:
F

FrgMstr

55+30=85......

But that aside. Request differed adjudication, pay fine, take the 3/6 months "probation" and move along. Here in Texas when doing that it is NOT reported to the state or is it notified to your insurance company.

DrTaco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
James,

As Frg mentioned, let me know if you got the ticket for 26 over or 30 over. Boone County is a different WORLD than where I work (Cook), but I can answer any sorta "law" related questions you have. Also, it's important if you were placed into any sort of custody or given a second citation, or just given (1) citation on the road and drove off/or followed to the station to post cash bond.

Slow down Vin Diesel.

my viper

enthusiast
Reaction score
I cannot suggest, but I can tell you my experience. I got a ticket for over 30mph in Cook county a couple years ago, googled a lawyer, got probation for 1 yr [meaning no points on record, no increase in insurance and should not get any more tickets for 1 full year].

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good laywer in your corner would help. Being that your record is clean, a lawyer may be able to negotiate to reduce the charge on the ticket (10 over the limit) or maybe get you a deferred charge with a probationary period (no moving violations for a year). Might have to do some community service or something, probably traffic school. Been there, done all of that. Do not try to go into this alone, find the best attorney for the situation that you can. It'll be worth it.........don't ask how I know.

OP
OP
J

jmbaileyniu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for thowing some advice out there. It helped a lot and I really appreciate it. I think I'm going to be on the safe side and bring a lawyer. Anybody have a lawyer recommendation for Boone County?

Thanks,
Jim

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets