Le Mans #40 - Minichamps vs Universal Hobbies

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I figured this belonged in this section of the site.

In the thread discussing the Le Mans RT/10 team - Rent-A-Car Systeme - the Minichamp version of #40 was considered much better than the Universal Hobbies version. Obviously, for collectors, Minichamps carries a much higher price because of the wide variety of racing cars that boast a great deal of detail

So, I decided to compare the two and now after the closeup pictures (below), I do agree that the attention to detail by Minichamps is better than Universal Hobbies. Though the color difference may be highlighted by the camera (flash), a close inspection shows many things done better...the wheels having a shinier rim, the gloss of the paint, the dullness of the Universal Hobbies decals and the shape of front/side part of the hood - more accurate on the MC car. Side pipes differ but neither seems to be totally accurate.

Minichamps:
You must be registered for see images attach

Universal Hobbies
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks! The differences weren't that noticeable until I took them out and photographed them. Then I started to really see differences, some small and some not so small. But, overall quality of the Minichamps car is better in all respects and slightly more accurate in design....other than the sidepipes.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth