Le mans, June 13th 14th France

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So anybody on here going?

I'm taking my GTS this year and 'Zed Sump' is taking his RT/10:drive:

Just wondered if any of you guys in the USA plan on going over :)

Mark
:uk:

Viper #53

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'll be attending as well. Still have my Canaska SouthWind GTS/R leather jacket from their 1996 GT1 campaign. Probably hang out with my Aston Martin friends unless we can pull a Viper contingent together. Coming from California.

James Taylor
1992 RT/10 #10000053

OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff, So what day do you plan to get there?

We are going down Thursday morning from the UK, We will be in Le mans late afternoon / early evening.

Then Friday morning we are going to St Saturnin (Just north west of Le Mans) for the Classic car welcome, this year the theme is on Morgan cars, but there will be lots of other stuff too :)

The St Saturnin meet starts about 8:30am and goes on through out the day untill about 3:30

There is a new car meet this year, also on the Friday in the town square of Mulsane. We plan to get to this show at about 12:30 / 1 pm, Then later in the day we are going to the Drivers parade in the Main town of Le mans, We normally pitch up near the start, there is a resturant we know where you can have a meal and watch the parade at the same time :2tu: So far there are 3 uk Vipers attending Le mans that I know of. If you have any free time and would like a ride round in a Viper, im sure we could sort out a place to meet, Just look out for this beast :D

You must be registered for see images

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good stuff, So what day do you plan to get there?

We are going down Thursday morning from the UK, We will be in Le mans late afternoon / early evening.

Then Friday morning we are going to St Saturnin (Just north west of Le Mans) for the Classic car welcome, this year the theme is on Morgan cars, but there will be lots of other stuff too :)

The St Saturnin meet starts about 8:30am and goes on through out the day untill about 3:30

There is a new car meet this year, also on the Friday in the town square of Mulsane. We plan to get to this show at about 12:30 / 1 pm, Then later in the day we are going to the Drivers parade in the Main town of Le mans, We normally pitch up near the start, there is a resturant we know where you can have a meal and watch the parade at the same time :2tu: So far there are 3 uk Vipers attending Le mans that I know of. If you have any free time and would like a ride round in a Viper, im sure we could sort out a place to meet, Just look out for this beast :D

Hey, that almost looks like my old car. Well done and give it up for team Corvette now with O. Beretta at the wheel......and Joe Foster is driving (with Patrick Dempsey ) who was the lead instructor at Panoz when I attended their course at Road Atlanta. Have a great time as I am keeping updated via Le mans web site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
F

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:drive: Coor, Just got back home from a great 4 Days away :)

There were less people at the event this year, but this made it easier to get around.
Thursday evening was spent watching the practising.
Friday, we attended a couple of car meets and went into the circuit village to see what merchandise was for sale :)

The worst part of Le mans this year was the price of the Euro / Pound. It worked out 7 Euros for a pint of Beer :omg:

We had Grandstand seats to see the start of the race, which were right oppisit the start / finish line :2tu:

Have to say the Corvettes sounded fantastic. They made my weekend. Its a shame GM is thinking pulling out of GT1 class :(

One of the best bits for us Brits is the drive down to Le mans, we really make an effort to sticker up our cars in fun stuff :drive:

Here's a couple of pics of my car on the way down to the track :)

If you want to see some pics of the Brit fans cars, look through the pages of this thred :)

Your car stickered up for Le Mans 2009