Let me be the first.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To thank the VCA for putting up regional forums. This will be a great help to many of the local clubs and members! Especially MCVO OUR website is not up to date(it doesn't even have a picture gallery for members/events), and most of the time dates of events are posted on very short notice if at all. I am excited to see that we will now have a place to list formal and informal gatherings. Thanks again VCA :2tu:

ZESTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let me be the first to suggest that maybe you curb the critism and offer to help some with some of the things you perceive as problems.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stay tuned folks, there are going to be some great improvements in the MCVO website and the newsletter. We've got some new (old) blood and things are moving.

We're always looking for more volunteers, there's lots to do. :laugh:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ha, were we not just told yesterday that we could not have a VCA category for MCVO unless we had a volunteer to moderate???:confused:

Anyway, must have been possible because here it is.:eek:

btw Michael, I think you would be a great moderator for our new forum. :2tu:

As to Jess, Michael may have made the first post and iterated what we all have known for some time. Note also that the only ones that knew there was a web rewrite in process are the board. How would anyone else know?

btw Michael, there will be a new newsletter next week. I promise.

OP
OP
S

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx for the having my back Ron. We used to have a photo gallery on our local site and it disapeared several years ago? Jess (i think you took something a little to personally) ,I think my criticism was relatively mild, especially compared to your response. It was also complimentary of the new website.

(Jess I am sending you a pm)

ZESTY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took nothing personally. I belong to several clubs and I am well known for saying "if you are complaining and not helping then you are part of the problem". My comment had nothing to do with the subject matter.

Viper76Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx for the having my back Ron. We used to have a photo gallery on our local site and it disapeared several years ago? Jess (i think you took something a little to personally) ,I think my criticism was relatively mild, especially compared to your response. It was also complimentary of the new website.

(Jess I am sending you a pm)

Probably nothing has really changed per say over time. 7+ years ago owning an IT firm I registered the website and put something up there as a proud/passionate member of the club. We used to get pictures from a couple guys (thanks Sam B) and we (or my staff) would batch process them and upload them. At one point we stopped getting pictures so they stopped getting posted. We have always helped maintain the backend and the admin interfaces which are SQL databases that are used for mailing lists and directories. I think for the most part the events have been updated as the board got the dates. If anyone would have taken offense to your comments it would have been me, but I don’t. I understand your point of view on the subject. Fact of the matter is that we (wife and I) have always volunteered as much of our time as humanly possible (had many board positions) and we really just don’t have that much of it. The best I can do is give the tools to the club, as I have the infrastructure and resources to do that piece. We now have recently gotten a volunteer to more actively maintain other content on the site outside of the backend pieces (which most people don’t see). We are all excited about the changes and the extra hands involved now because this is good for the club and it is something we have not had before. I am sure between our backend pieces, hosting, datacenter, and some new people maintaining the frontend active content only good things will result.