Let's be real, what would it take? Only short answers please

Reaction score
I would like to ask a hypothetical question and request that there be (NO discussion) on this thread. If you could have (1) thing done/changed to the GenV to make you more likely to purchase one what would it be, and we are not discussing price here. Please make your answers short, the more answers I get the better it could be used so tell your freinds to chime in if they have an opinion to share.

hammerofgods

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like to ask a hypothetical question and request that there be (NO discussion) on this thread. If you could have (1) thing done/changed to the GenV to make you more likely to purchase one what would it be, and we are not discussing price here. Please make your answers short, the more answers I get the better it could be used so tell your freinds to chime in if they have an opinion to share.

miracle?:(

Nine Ball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Factory 750-800 hp Paxton kit. Bragging rights restored, problem solved. The rest of the car is already excellent.

moparnav

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forced induction option. Would settle for Mopar packaged, dealer installed and even limitied warranty coverage.

VRYALT3R3D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
750 HP and to be able to put that power down while retaining the manual transmission and RWD. Basically destroy the GT-R.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car looks to GEN2ISH for my taste, but a convertible will help sales for sure!!!

Last edited:

LouN

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I already have Gen V, but want ACR if done correctly. More performance (hp, handling, brakes). Viper should kick butt on the
Track to restore bragging rights!! Handily beat upcoming ZR1!!

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I already plan to buy one, and I think the car is great for the timeframe SRT had to develope it.But PLEASE, unlock the PCM or at least give us a Mopar controller soon. Hopefully Ralph is testing things like this on his personal car.I personally love the Gen 2 styling. That's what many asked for back in the day when we were asked what we wanted to see if the Viper was continued.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will echo some of the comments above.

Factory 750-800 hp
That is not unreasonable. The factory has an upgrade for Gen IIIs that they say will put out 800 already.

srt and gts. have only one model
. Thank you! I've always liked that a Viper is a Viper. I don't like the idea of different "models" either.

Honestly, I think letting people drive them. You get butts in seats, the car will get sold
Amen!

More exotic looking... It just looks too plain and a watered down version of the Gen 2.
Well, I wouldn't say watered down, but definitely a return to old styling. I was an advocate for something like the design that was posted here back before the actual car came out. I can't remember the name of the designer and I can't find the drawing of the car now, but it was mean looking and more of a evolution of the Gen III/IV rather than a retro.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really like it and think it is beautiful, HP is where it needs to be. But I agree, 1 model unless we are talking a vert.

Allan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I guess I'm stupid.
I think the gen V is killer.

The only thing stopping me from buying one,... is me.

Sorry I'm no help in the complaint dept to fix what ***** about the new Viper.

intense5.5

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A more exotic looking genIII/IV styling update instead of going back to the GTS bodystyle. If a targa coupe could be designed I'd be happy as the proverbial "pig in S...".