Lettering On Frt Calipers..................

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
We had a track day at Nelson Ledges on Sunday. The Viper ran great, It keep taking every once of courage I threw at it. But.............when the day was done the lettering on the Frt brake calipers are now a yellow brown color instead of white. It looks terrible. What can I do to clean it??????????????????????

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. The discoloring happens from excessive heat. As mentioned above....powder coating them will probably be the only fix.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Before I upgraded, I got to that severely yellowed point, and had an incident where I had some leakage of brake fluid from the bleeder during a session. The result was a nice fluid streak across the lettering that removed the yellowing just there! The finish didn't look otherwise damaged. So, maybe you need to put some 600 degree brake fluid on it ? Good luck with that !

OP
OP
V

VJR3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
So, maybe you need to put some 600 degree brake fluid on it ? Good luck with that !

Dont tempt me, I crazy engough I might :D

You saw the car on Sat Bob, They were as white as could be. We drove the car really ******* Sunday, it did great no brake fad or anything. Dang it, this throws me right into my brake dilema of going bigger brakes and losing my stock 17s :(

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dont tempt me, I crazy engough I might :D

You saw the car on Sat Bob, They were as white as could be. We drove the car really ******* Sunday, it did great no brake fad or anything. Dang it, this throws me right into my brake dilema of going bigger brakes and losing my stock 17s :(

Maybe go with Tom's 40mm brake kit. I believe you could keep your stock rims with that kit.