LINK TO VETTE/VIPER SHOOTOUT THIS SATURDAY, WANTED VS RANGER

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here's the link to all info about the race's saturday at Cecil County Dragway
Vette/Viper shootout.

I have a match race against the guy who has posted the fastest time with the
new C6Z06 (Ranger) It's going to be a great race.

I hope to see alot of you guys there, try to make it if you can. :2tu:

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/showthread.php?t=1393158

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ranger states you are a "long time bracket racer." I thought you stated in another post that you just started with your recent Viper acquisition.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My thought is that Ranger is doing what politicians would call "Lowering everyones expectations" that he will win, just in case he loses. Ranger has years more drag racing experience recently than Tom.

SNAKE BITE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ranger points out that his car is "bone stock" and yours has "light mods". Maybe you should bring yours back to stock so there will be no excuses if you win?
Anyway GOOD LUCK with the race! :2tu:

sween

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ranger points out that his car is "bone stock" and yours has "light mods". Maybe you should bring yours back to stock so there will be no excuses if you win?

I don't think he will be able to win in acceleration bone stock.... Anyways good luck with the race :2tu:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If Ranger is somehow making a point somewhere that Tom has an advantage by having 10 more crank HP than stock by virtue of his smooth tubes and K&N's, documented by Dodge's claim of that rating on ACR's which come with them standard AND his rear exhaust which does NOTHING but eliminate the mufflers for a claim of perhaps how many crank HP??????......Then he is forgetting that he is arriving at the party with 505 crank HP. And Tom started with 450 + 10 for the smooth tubes and filters for 460 total like an ACR. I would challenge anyone to try and say that rear exhaust is worth beans for more horsepower. Why? Because I put on the same one, dynoed before and after and got 7 RWHP. So for the sake of argument let's call it a very GENEROUS 20 at the crank + 10 for the aforementioned ACR mods, now Tom is at 480 crank hp vs. Rangers 505hp, gimme a break. Having said all that, I hear that Tom is planning on showing up bone stock, having replaced any mods. Soooo, Ranger gets an EXTRA 55HP coming to the party. I sure hope he has his excuses ready if Tom arrives stock. Ohhh... I forgot, he is already floating the rumor that Tom is a more experienced "Bracket racer." I say again, gimmme a break, I know him and he just starting doing this again in what I will refer to as his "middle years" after lots of experience as a kid.
Viper VS. Vette and we bring a 2002 Gen 2 Viper, not our latest Gen 3/510hp monster, against the latest and greatest EVER 06 Chevy AND the best Corvette driver known.
Anybody ever hear that old saying....Don't bring a knife to a gunfight? Well, we're bringing a knife anyway. And it's gonna be pretty embarassing if the gunfighter can't get his gun out of the holster quick enough. Yep, it's gonna be all about that 60 time!

OP
OP
W

WANTED

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys thanks for all the support. :2tu:

let me clear up a few things.

I have decided to not change back to stock tubes,filters and exhaust. Ranger and
I are running against index times we posted at same track, same day but in different
classes. My index time is 11.55 and Rangers index time is 11.31. He feels I'm a
much better ET racer them him and has admitted to that which really comes as a high
compliment to me coming from one of the best drivers from the Vette side. By running
a heads up race NO ONE CAN SAY EITHER HAD A ADVANTAGE. Look at it this way if I
WIN which I plan to do after posting slower times them him it shows who was the
better driver for that race, THATS what I'm racing for. I only need to find .14
of a second to tie him, thats not much. THE RACE WILL BE WON OR LOST AT THE TREE.

Their is a big difference between trying to post best times shaking your car down
and racing against another driver.

MAKE NO BONES ABOUT IT I PLAN TO WIN :2tu: :headbang:

WHAT BOTH SIDES ARE LOOKING FOR IS WHO GETS THE WIN LIGHT AT THE TRAPS FOR BRAGGING
RIGHTS. IF THIS WERE A STREET RACE, YOU RACE WHAT YOU BRING WITH NO HEAD START
AND I WANT NO ADVANTAGE SO WHEN I WHOOP HIS ARSS I CAN CLAIM I DID IT FAIR AND
SQUARE WITH LESS AGAINST THE BEST. IF I LOSE, WHICH I SHOULD BECAUSE HIS CAR
HAS PROVEN TO BE FASTER ALREADY, WHAT HAVE I LOST? NOTHING!

GUYS I WOULD LOVE NOTHING MORE THEN TO HAVE THAT WIN LIGHT AT THE TRAPS COME ON
FOR THE VIPER AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. AGAIN I'M RACING TO WIN
AND PLAN TO. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

TOM

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper VS. Vette and we bring a 2002 Gen 2 Viper, not our latest Gen 3/510hp monster, against the latest and greatest EVER 06 Chevy AND the best Corvette driver known.
Anybody ever hear that old saying....Don't bring a knife to a gunfight? Well, we're bringing a knife anyway. And it's gonna be pretty embarassing if the gunfighter can't get his gun out of the holster quick enough. Yep, it's gonna be all about that 60 time!

Lee I wouldn't count Wanted out just yet, judging by his time the man can drive. I have YET to see anyone in a SRT run the times he has in his Gen II, that is something to be said about the Gen II.

But IF he loses I'm sure the excuses will fly rampid about it not being the latest Gen Viper.

I think it will be close, but am ready for the excuses to come out from either side when loser is announced.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21