Looking for stock Gen IV exhaust

Jetjosh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello,

About 9 months ago I purchased my first viper. It's a 2005 blk/blk convertible. I love the car, it is an absolute blast!... Save one thing. The previous owner, installed an aftermarket exhaust system. I have no idea what brand it is, all I know is it's loud... extremely loud. While it's fun for about 15 mins, once the headache begins, your GF no longer will ride with you, and you are banned from residential areas the fun stops. After some research it seems the gen IV exhaust would be better than reverting to the stock gen III.
If anybody is interested in selling there stock exhaust, or trade for whatever the hell I have please let me know.

Thanks!
Josh

viper_itch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm far from an expert, but I would think the solution to your problems won't require a whole new exhaust system. Perhaps you can get hooked up with local club members or a Viper Tech to take a peak at what you are starting with and go from there?

OP
OP
J

Jetjosh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here you go. Hope this helps. I appreciate any, and all assistance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 64

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You will need to look at the headers to determine if the stock ones have been replaced. If they are aftermarket, then the fun begins money-wise getting you car back to stock. The "loudness" you're experiencing can be coming from a simple cat delete with aftermarket mufflers and tips (everyone has different interpretations and tolerances for loudness). If not, then you're looking at spending at least $2k for a take-off Gen. IV system in including stock headers, cats, and mufflers w/tips (and not including labor if you have to pay someone else). Stock resonators (mufflers) alone cost about $400 each new unless you can find someone who's willing to sell their take-offs for less. A stock Gen. III system includes the crossover which you don't want or need. You will need to install a Gen. IV system if you want a more quiet, cooler, and better sounding stock exhaust. Check with Jon B. at partsrack.com

shooter_t1

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Corsa tips (14174 or 14176) shouldn't stick out that far.

Yep. I have a Corsa exhaust on mine and they do not stick out at all.

You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

OP
OP
J

Jetjosh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yeah, each tip sticks out anywhere from a 1/4 to 1/2". Circular burns are quite nice on your GF's legs. Just one more reason why she is not fan.

I appreciate all the responses. I do totally understand the level of acceptable noise is relative, but for my taste its excessively loud. Especially with the top up. It sounds like it may end up being a more expensive and complex problem than I though.

As I am most definitely inexperienced it may need the eyes of an expert. Any suggestions on who I might take it to for further information?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks like it could be a B&B exhaust from the looks of the tip, Josh I am just south of you give me a call and we can figure out what you have, I have a couple of stock sytems as well as an 08 with custom Corsa style Tips

steve 707-849-0111

2easy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are interested I will trade you my stock set up from an 08 with 800 kms on it for yours. Pm me if interested.

OP
OP
J

Jetjosh

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello everybody,

I wanted to thank you all for your comments, and help.
Steve is currently assisting me, and has been a great resource.
Looks as though we will get this figured out.

Thanks again. This is a great resource for viper owners, experienced, and clueless (like myself).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets