Looking for Technical/Engineering data.

Cynical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all.

I am a digital modeler and part of a team that creates free modifications for driving sims.

I originally created the 2003 Competition Coupe for the game Nascar Racing 2003. Unfortunately, this particular game was not open to changes to the engineering data and car physics. Therefor the Viper performed at generic road racing specs.

However, my team and I have become involved in a new project for a racing simulation that will soon be released. I have remodeled the Viper to be more realistic in appearance.

This new simulation we are working with contains a car physics model based on extensive vehicle technical and engineering data. That data included in the phsyics model is made up of hundreds of engineering and technical specs ranging in complexity from center of gravity position to things as complex as tire slip curves and heat transfer from engine to oil and water. However not being an engineer and not owning a Viper myself, this data is unavailable to me.

I am looking for someone with the technical knowledge and specific data that may be interested in supplying some information on the Viper.

We are aiming at making this simulation of the Viper and other cars included in our series as realistic and and accurate as possible. At current we are aiming at SWC-GT specs for the cars in our series although we will be including some cars not currently racing in that series.

If anyone would be interested and willing in sharing some basic or complex info we would be very appreciative. Your assistance would be credited when the simulation is publically released.

You can email me at [email protected] .

Thanks in advance.

Michael

P.S. I have attached a very early and incomplete rendering of the Viper model in its current state. There are still some slight adjustments that need to be made to the shape of the car.

9658viper023_front.jpg

Edit: To be more specific here are some of the categories for which we need engineering data:

Aero:
Engine performance and engineering data:
Suspension:
Tires:
Chassis Specifications: (mass, inertia, distribution of weight, etc..)

RC Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't help you with the specs as I don't own a comp coupe.

I'm sure you realize that the car in the picture belongs to Bob Woodhouse. It is important to note that there are now different versions of the Comp Coupe. Bob's car is campaigned in the World Challenge series and now has an updated nose, hood and wing on the car that have improved the handling substantially.

OP
OP
C

Cynical

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes I definitely am aware of that.

I am beginning with the earlier body model as there are a few drivers who still run that body style.

I also was aware that if I were lucky enough to get some of this info straight from a team, they may be reluctant to provide current data on their cars. Therefor this allows for perhaps out-dated data from the late 2003 or 2004 season when this particular body style was run more often.

The simulation we are running allows for 'upgrades' to cars which would allow me to set this particular car up to recieve the body style updates and handling updates a bit later down the road fairly easily. I however need to find more picture reference for the new nose, wing and hood.

I have displayed this particular body paint simply because 1) When I first created the Viper a while back, I loved Bob's paint, and so with this new version it was of course the first paintjob that I have ported over to the new sim. And 2)because I need to re-paint all cars that were previously done including the updates to the paintjobs over the last couple of seasons.