Looking to sell...

Discussion in 'Generation V Discussions / SRT Coupe, GTS, GTC, AC' started by puppers, Jan 26, 2018.

1. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Hey guys,

I'm toying with the idea of selling my 2016 ACR with 3300 miles. Driven a handful of times, off the track. It's taking up space in the garage and looking to possibly replace it. What would you guys value a garage queen ACR?

[​IMG]

2. Snakize

Snakize Enthusiast

Put it up on ebay and ask for MSRP obo. You'll probably get that or close to it. People keep buying up the ACRs even though they'll never drive more than once or twice.

3. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

That's how it is for me. I drive it maybe 3 times a month. As I get older, I realize I value comfort in vehicles. I'm not even that old, but already feel the pain in my lower back to knee. When I do drive it, I have a small pillow I put behind my lower right back.

Will get some photos done and will post it up on eBay. Do most people who list on eBay have luck? I've always utilized craigslist and autotrader etc. I've never had 1 successful vehicle transaction via eBay.

4. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

This should go out in Monday’s newsletter, that will help get the word out.

5. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

That would be awesome. I will probably create another post once I clean up, take photos and put in some decent effort to create a worthy ad for this beautiful devil. Thanks a ton, I will shoot a little higher than MSRP just to give room to be talked down slightly, but I feel like they have been decent with value lately. Not compared to the fiasco I read about 4 years ago.

ViperJeff likes this.
  6. Snakize

Snakize Enthusiast

That's one reason why I got the GTS instead of waiting for the ACR. Maybe 10 years ago I'd have gone for the ACR but these days I'm realistic and know I'll be doing all of my driving on the street, just cruising and want to maximize the comfort while doing so.

Yeah, can't hurt, especially with the one that just sold at B-J for over $200K setting a nice precedent. The way I see it is ask what you want and if someone is serious they'll get in touch with you no matter what your asking price is and make an offer. ACRs, unlike non-ACRs, tend to be have a much easier time fetching higher prices on ebay and elsewhere.

Ebay is probably the best place to list. Cars.com is free but I got no contacts through there. I can say, unequivocally, that dupont registry is a waste of money so don't bother paying them to list there.

7. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Thanks a ton for your response. I will be doing that and seeing what it'll net for. I'll keep you guys updated. If you run across my post, just remember, I'm shooting high. Not unrealistic or insane :p.

8. broomrider

broomrider VCA E-Member - Gulf States Region

She is beautiful!!

9. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Thank you! Currently building a website for this baby so I can finally put it on the market. Sounds horrible, but I want to sell this and hopefully get an order on a Demon.

10. FST SNAKE

FST SNAKE VCA Venom Member - Midsouth

I don't think you are able to order a Demon at this point, there are some for sale at dealers and also some individuals but probably be prepared to pay extra at this time. It seems to be the hot car at the moment, I've seen auction results from $148K to $159K but there are lower numbers out there also. Good luck with the sale and getting a Demon.

11. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Thanks! Yeah, the Dodge dealer I bought the Viper at said the same thing. They said some Autonation's still have pre's available, but everyone I've gotten in contact hasn't had any. It's either a Demon or another home. :hmmm:

12. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Put up a website in case anyone wants to look lol. Just started it, so don't judge the quality yet T_T. Just wanting to get it out there.

https://www.buymyacr.com/

13. ViperJeff

@puppers Not to be picky, but your VIN is wrong you have a 6 impersonating a G

#324 of 645

1 of 26 Viper White / no stripe

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  14. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Picky is not quite a bad thing, thank you. I also realized the fuse box cover is off. Took it off to clean it and forgot to put it on for the photo. Will replace that photo today.

Thanks!

Last edited: Feb 7, 2018
  15. ViperJeff

@puppers

Forgot to say, very nice. One of the better ads I’ve ever seen and I’ve seen a bunch

16. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Thank you! Hard to find time to handle work, school, this, photography and various other things. Scatterbrain working at max capacity.

Going to be updating the photos. Getting a new lens and want to try it out :). Will also be going on eBay within the next day or so.

17. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

18. Snakize

Snakize Enthusiast

Nice photos. You shooting with Nikon or something else?

19. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Something else. The Sony A7rii just went on sale at Best Buy, $-500 off retail. Snagged that. It's a 42.4 MP full frame, it's beautiful. RAW files are hard to manage though, they are 87MB a piece uncompressed.

Snakize likes this.
  20. puppers

puppers Enthusiast

Still up. Updated the price, added flexibility :). Window sticker will be added to gallery shortly!