Lost Power

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a conversation with John at Parts Rack in Wa The issues I had were after i removed my corssover exhuast and went with the Corsa with stock cats which I like but, it seems to be a bit sluggish and dosen't explode out of the hole as it once did. I am running 3:73 gears and needless to say I could chase bullets before the exhaust change and battery disconnect. Now its even hard to spin up the tires from a slow roll. I did disconnect the battery to do the install as in the service manual instructions. So now I was told that I need to replace my wires and plugs after 16000 miles of not hard driving. I purchased some Magnacore wires for a small fortune and find out that its another $660.00 plus gaskets at $113.00 a pair to install them as the manifold needs to be removed etc. a good part of a day no doubt to do this. So my question is this should I spend the money or is this fix really not going to do much?
I am really perplexed as I was told there would be and increase in power not a decrease. I have not put this on a dyno but my ass knows ..... Do I need to drive this hard to get the computer to respond?

Chris Napa Ca

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Put the crossover back on your viper and install the wires. You will not believe the difference. I run the same magnacore wires. They can be changed without removing the manifold if you have small hands and fingers but it is easier to just remove the manifold. It is not a big job. But to get that viper to explode out of the hole as it once did you need the crossover no matter what everyone tells you. That is why Borla-Mopar sells their exhaust kit to be used with or with out the crossover. On the race track the crossover is not needed as you are running at high rpm's. Fell free to call me anytime at 203-641-8569 to discuss your issue. Here is a link on how to remove the manifold. http://forums.viperclub.org/illustr...emoving-intake-swapping-clutch-plate-etc.html

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets