Lowering a 2005 Viper

Viktimize

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Eibachs and caps sounds like a pretty economical way to lower the car, until you factor in that you're going to spend another 1000$ on a set of Koni struts when you blow your stock ones. Pretty sure I am just going to go with the Vipair coilovers, last I seen they were around 1500$.

spartan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't suggest it. OEM shocks are prone to leaking/blowing. When I installed my kit, I found I had 3 blown shocks. I ended up installing KW V2s a couple weeks later.
yea im not sure about the viper shocks but the lotus bilsteins were tested, and the sleeve kit was a true bilstein part with no effect on longevity of the shock. were also comparing an 1800lb car to a 3500lb car so id imagine the strain on a viper shock is much greater.

as far as the vipair coilovers, i have only seen the gen1/2 and prowler setup on his site, not anything for gen 3/4

98intrigue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
yea im not sure about the viper shocks but the lotus bilsteins were tested, and the sleeve kit was a true bilstein part with no effect on longevity of the shock. were also comparing an 1800lb car to a 3500lb car so id imagine the strain on a viper shock is much greater.

as far as the vipair coilovers, i have only seen the gen1/2 and prowler setup on his site, not anything for gen 3/4
The guy who I sold my Vipair kit to bought KW V2s, but never installed them before he sold his car. He's selling them for $2500 if you're interested.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R