Lowering the car, adding some new springs.

St.Char

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking at the Eibach Springs. Have my car up on jack stands now and changing out rotors, calipers and pads. Would like to lower the car just a little, not sure how to remove those springs. How difficult is it? Any specific tools I need? Thx.

pony23

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing the same project right now. Looks like you just remove the shock. Use an outside spring compressor to compress the spring (bought mine from Harbor Freight pretty cheap). Then you pull out the upper spring cap, it has a notch and should pull right out. Now just pull the spring over the top. Reverse process to install.

Ricketts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm doing the same project right now. Looks like you just remove the shock. Use an outside spring compressor to compress the spring (bought mine from Harbor Freight pretty cheap). Then you pull out the upper spring cap, it has a notch and should pull right out. Now just pull the spring over the top. Reverse process to install.

Bingo! At least thats how it is on a GEN II, never done another GEN so can't speak for those.

denniskgb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HAve eibach springs for sale if you want. Just took them off my gts. Went with bigger wheels have clearance issue.Pm me if interested.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper