Maisto 1:18 S.E. at Costco

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came back from Costco and I stumbled upon two pallets of Maisto S.E. 1:18 cars. Naturally, there were no Vipers visible so I decided to dig into the stack and ended up finding a 2003 Silver SRT10 and a Viper GT2 :headbang:. I was giddy as a school girl when I stumbled upon the back of the GT2. The old ladies shopping there thought I was insane. :D They were the only two Vipers in the entire display. Naturally the display was loaded with Lambo's, Vettes, etc. I took down the whole display to find these two Vipers. :lmao:At one point the Costco employees came over to help but I put it all back together for them. They're on sale for $11.99. FYI.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just came back from Costco and I stumbled upon two pallets of Maisto S.E. 1:18 cars. Naturally, there were no Vipers visible so I decided to dig into the stack and ended up finding a 2003 Silver SRT10 and a Viper GT2 :headbang:. I was giddy as a school girl when I stumbled upon the back of the GT2. The old ladies shopping there thought I was insane. :D They were the only two Vipers in the entire display. Naturally the display was loaded with Lambo's, Vettes, etc. I took down the whole display to find these two Vipers. :lmao:At one point the Costco employees came over to help but I put it all back together for them. They're on sale for $11.99. FYI.

:needpics:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMG_04041.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_04071.jpg

This last one is a yellow SRT that my mother in-law gave me for xmas last year. I don't believe its a Maisto as the base is labeled Fast and Furios but it very heavy and highly detailed. The Maisto's are the same size and detail as this one but not as heavy. The doors, hood and trunk open/close and the front wheels turn.

IMG_0409.jpg

As for video of me at store...stay tuned. I saw another pallet of the Maisto's shrink-wrapped and sitting high up on one the aisle storage racks. If the fork-lift was out I would've tried to go through that one too. Maybe tomorrow. :D

PittsburghRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my 1/18 Gen 3 and GT2 at Costco about 2 years ago and they were $10 each. The yellow Gen 3 would be a nice addition to my collection.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bought two GT2s,the silver Gen 3 and a red Challenger each for 9.99 at the Costco here. The GT2s sold out fast.

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice new avatar Tony! :lmao:

I wish some one was producing a 2008 model. All I've got are several 2001's.

I have been busting AutoArt's chops about that for a while now and sent an e-mail to Bob Carroll (did not get an answer from him yet) about it but so far no luck :dunno:
It's not like they need to do a major make-over, all they need to modify are hood, engine and different wheels for crying out loud... their attention to detail is stunning.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Found a red 03 and two challengers (yellow and orange) here in Canada. No luck on the GT2s though.:( They are $13 here.

Robert

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went to Costco this weekend and picked up 2 silver 03s (one for me and the other for my niece). They had a ton of the SRTs, but only silver. No other Vipers at all. I didn't take the display apart, but I was moving other items to see the back of the display in case there were any hiding. They were $11.99 here.

I may go back this weekend to see if anything has been revealed by a week of sales.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I got me one of those GT-2 in White at Costco as well...like you, I just happened to stumble on a pile of Maisto 1:18's. Got it months ago, as my wife and I were just starting to talk about getting a "real" one. Now, I have to go down and check if it is a GTS-R or GT2.

Peter

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, I got me one of those GT-2 in White at Costco as well...like you, I just happened to stumble on a pile of Maisto 1:18's. Got it months ago, as my wife and I were just starting to talk about getting a "real" one. Now, I have to go down and check if it is a GTS-R or GT2.

Peter

Trust me it's a GT2 (replica) ;)... only AutoArt produced the 1:18 variant of the GTS-R.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, it was a GT2:

You must be registered for see images attach

Also, picked up a nice RT/10, Red (like Mine), no box but mint:

Have been looking for an Eagle Race 1:43 Red RT/10, but no luck so far...just looking to have small collection of them. Since mine is 98, no side pipes, makes it very hard to find....have only seen the yellow edition from 96 that doesn't have side pipes.

Thanks.

Peter

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why go for Eagle's Race when you can get Minichamps (LOTS better detail especially wheels/tires) on Ebay for a decent price?

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guess I haven't noticed any. Actually picked up the ER black w/silver stripes because it is the only RT/10 that has the vert top. Bought it really to take apart and repaint red like mine.

While I'm here, I am not impressed with the Burrago paint on the 1:18 red RT. There is lots of unfinished spray on the inside of pieces, like the hood, door jams, engine fire wall, etc. Pretty poor QC in my opinion.

Of course (again), now that I am noticing all the posts on die casts here, I am bemoaning my choice a few years ago to sell off my collection of 1:18 RT/10's. :crazy2: Had all mint in box - yellow, black, white (might have been Anton), green, a few reds, GT coupes and a few I can't remember. It was around the time I bought a 911 (real) and decided to pick up a collection of (awesome) racing GT1's. Still have these including a couple of extremely rare Asian/European versions (picked up while traveling).

Okay, just rambling....sorry.:nono:

:)

Peter

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to laugh, just found one of the Bburago 1:18 RT/10's I thought I sold...it was sitting in top of my daughter's closet.

No plastic bands, as I used to display them. Put all of them back in boxes before I moved years ago.

Used to be my favorite RT/10, until I bought my red one.

Peter

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was at Costco (again) yesterday and I dug through the pallets again. :D I found a red SRT this time. I asked the fine folks at Costco to get a forklift and lower one of the pallets of Maisto cars they have up on the racks but they ignored me. I think its time to search another Costco store. We should make a nation-wide Costco-Maisto Viper scavenger hunt out of this. :D

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Tony, yup dug around the other day at Costco (again), but no more GT2's...guess I got the only one.

Since I'm not into collecting, I only pick up genI/II's so I passed on a few SRT verts - silver and red.

Hey, did you see my handy work? Finished building my red 98 RT/10. Came out pretty good, too much work though!

Later.

Peter