Many Thanks to VCA

Discussion in 'Ask VCA Headquarters' started by Free2go, Jan 17, 2017.

1. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

About four months ago, my dad was diagnosed with terminal liver cancer at 75. After his diagnosis I spent just about every spare moment I had with him every day. His decline was rapid and difficult to witness on such an intimate level. I watched him take his last breath in the hospital and was happy I was able to be with him in his last moments. Gonna miss his dry, dark sense of humor and ability to make me laugh no matter how bad any situation seemed to be. Not long after his passing, I received a condolence card from the VCA, and then a personal card from Bill and Janey White. Just wanted to thank them and say how much I appreciated it.

2. ViperJeff

ViperJeff VCA Legacy Member - UT/AZ Staff Member

Sorry for your loss Eric

Prayers sent

3. ViperJohn

ViperJohn VCA Member - Northeast

Sorry to hear about your dad.

4. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

Thanks guys. My dad had 8 kids from 5 different women and made his last child support payment at 65. He led an interesting life to say the least. Just happy he's not suffering anymore.

5. TalonTSi90

TalonTSi90 Enthusiast

Wow, sorry man, i knew nothing of this or i would have at least tried to email you.

6. 3whitevipers

3whitevipers VCA Venom Member - Midsouth

Very sorry for your loss--losing a parent is very tough--PRAYERS--Dave

7. viperman4125

viperman4125 Enthusiast

I know how you feel.My prayers go out to you! Lost my Mom last year, was 99.
    We were blessed to be w/her.

8. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

Sorry for your loss. Your Dad contacted me after he passed and asked me to pass on a request to you. It was cryptic. He said: "Keep em all healthy and down there." He said that you would know what he meant.

Best,

Bob

9. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

That can't be true Bob, because if he did contact you, he would have berated you with racial epithets and stereotypical jokes....:D

10. Bobpantax

Bobpantax Enthusiast

He did at first but after I told him I was part of the earth based office that provides data to help determine assignments in heaven to you know who and described some of the possible alternatives and what they are based on, he suddenly became very charming. LQ.

11. broomrider

broomrider VCA E-Member - Gulf States Region

Eric, so sorry for your loss. I'm truly glad that you got to spend the last few months with him. They will be memories you will carry with you always. Remember the best about your dad.
    Bill and Janey are amazing at reaching out. Give yourself time to grieve . Best wishes from ole Broom. :)

12. steve e

steve e Viper Owner

Eric, sorry to hear you lost your Dad, It was very hard for me when I lost my Dad, It sucks. if I can help in any way call me. There probably both looking down saying look at those two knuckle heads:)

13. Free2go

Free2go Viper Owner

Thanks you guys. With 8 kids, 28 grand kids, and 9 great grand kids, he left his mark. And he loved riding in the Viper. He said it was the only car that scared the $hit out of him.

14. plumcrazy

plumcrazy Viper Owner

I hate cancer.