Mark 9's? When to call out someone? (long)

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Mark 9\'s? When to call out someone? (long)

Man this thread is great! If I listen to all the combatants we'll have a class for everything including the fastest with one plug wire off! He who organizes the race makes the rules. Generally, you get a run what ya brung and shut up class. It's fair to have a no power adder class for people to tune what the motor gave them at the atmosphere god provides, sorry mark that takes alot of skill. And a fun class for street tires and stock vipers. Have some special awards for the "fastest on real street tires, stock exhaust or whatever you want. But bottom line is, this is a drag race and the purpose in to get to the other end first. That means sticky tires are standard equip and your gona bend some parts.
Hey and if ya like these classes come to Norwalk for the Viper Nats Sept 14.

PS. All this talk about all motor in the 10s. My stock motor car untouched never disassembled, except for 1.7 rockers is knocking on the door. 11.05. I'm gona love to come back with the 10.9s post.

Reaction score

Ok all this talk about racing get's me thinking. As Prashant knows my wife & I will be in Houston the 22nd through the 24th and I want to see a few of these cars in action. I want a head count on who will be at the CART races on the 23rd and the Auto Cross on the 24th? At the CART races I'll be laying some smack down there....Who's up for a race against the CART master??
laugh.gif

See you all there!!

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok,

I am listening to all this smack talk, and one thing is clear to me...

Whoever wants to win this thing needs to let ME drive their car, Ok?

Don, let me drive that read beast and I'll squeeze another couple of tenths out of it... or Mark, I'll run 9's in your car too WITHOUT spray... Wayne, fill up the NOS and we'll show these boys what a juicer can do
biggrin.gif

Just kidding guys - but SOMEONE needs to hire me as a driver! hehe..

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Mark, first of all I don't remember mentioning that I had the fastest viper, or any thing about you or your car. The only ego is yours about that racecar you call a steet car, the one you probobaly have a hundred grand in. You say your car runs 9's how many 9 sec time slips does it have, 1? And whats that a 9.99 and whats you mph. You know what you really got, you got a slow racecar so you call it a street car so it doesn't seem so slow. Some of your buddies have been emailing me telling me thats a race car all the way with tons of money invested that rarely makes a clean pass. (ouch) If it really is fast as you say and is a street car take it out to the track with radials thats what street cars use, and lets see how much faster than a stocker it really is.Let everyone know when your going so there are some non partisan witness's. Ok poser!

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ok, so we all agree that this post was started buy someone calling out someone else whom they wish to aspire to be. let's all say that TEXAS has the fastest ET V-10 Vipers in the world. and you guys up North can say my car is the fastest with this done or that done or only this done. but those guys down south are nuts because they just want to go as fast as they can? what a stupid Idea that is.!!!and about streetable.....come down....free ticket remember? why aren’t you guys offering the same thing to us? Come on now get those wallet's out!!maybe you and the rest of the world know why. I just spoke with Carlos, a local Viper tech here in Houston and he said how crazy is that. he works on and drives all of these cars and knows that they all have A/C and stereo's full inside and out. and LOUD they may be but who buys a Viper for that nice ALPINE (ha ha). so if you want to come down all you have to pay for is shipping and we will take care of the rest. after all is said and done we will all send you home with "I got my *** beat in Texas and all I got was this crappy shirt" prize
thanks and have a nice day.

FRANK

Enthusiast
Reaction score

1 bad gts: Exactly what were you driving at Englishtown? The only fast Viper I saw was the one from Modern Performance that was banging out high 10's on motor.

Unless that was you...I didn't see anything that stood out at all. I was there all day on Sunday so maybe you weren't present.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You know your right pres, I can't argue with that its like politics. Some people like one dimension some people like two.
Some people like more. They have a race for cobra's called run and gun where you dragrace oneday and you roadrace the next all with the same car and the winner is top gun. They have different class's stock, modified etc. Instead of all this smack talk why don't the head viper people put together something like that for the vipers.

9secRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I ONLY have one question left!!!!!!!!!! Are any of yall going to come down and race or not???? I am tired of all this talking.. This is wasting my time of which I could be out driving my viper on the street... Care for a ride?????

Mark H.
9sec.RT

Prashant

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did you guys read Mark's post above? are you coming or not? if not then pay for us to come and we will all come. you guys really can't beat the deal we are offering!!!
well?

Bullet488

Enthusiast
Reaction score

COME ON NOW!
The ONLY thing that makes these Texas cars "racecars" is that their owners aren't afraid to RACE them!
All this twisted racecar / track car b.s. is about the worst excuse I've heard yet. "Track car" insinuates some sort of compromise in the car for benefit at the race track. You tell me who compromises reliability and motor life? The stock motor with bolt-ons and a <150hp tuned nitrous system, or the blown motor? or the High compression motor? I am familiar with Mark's car and the ONLY chassis/suspension/racing modification made to the car is the addition of adjustable shocks set for min dampening and max rebound. Not even drag specific shocks! It still has the sway bar, sport shims, stock unmolested springs and everything else that makes the viper a great driving car. Take off the slicks and (driver willing), it could easily hold its own on a road course. That inconsistent car ran 3 10.0's in a row at the last event, all over 142mph. We're talking vipers, mustang rules DO NOT apply. Pushing a 3500+lb car down a track with IRS shifting a 6 speed running way over its rated torque is a challenge. Take the challenge or shut up already. I'll give credit to the other guys who run hard and it so happens most are from Texas. Saying how fast your car is tells the story. The guys with the fast cars don't make the excuses. Take your blower cars and your radial only cars and be happy with what ya' got. Just stay on the porch when it's time to race.. Push the car a little and stop making excuses and we'd all enjoy the competition.

Scott

You must be registered for see images

and we have PLENTY more.. Come down and find out..

9 seconds

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What's up with classes anyway. I think the original posts were about how the fastest Vipers (v-10) were in Texas and if you think you're faster come prove it......and we'll pay for it. I don't think I want to pick up the tab for a guy who has a high 11 second Viper but he is a "really good shifter" and could win a stock class.

Now if your talking motor only (the only other class that makes sense), Norm (from Texas) has a Venom 700R that ran 10.40s when it was a 650R.

It's a long time until October. I'm sure we'll figure out something by then. Look for some very fast times from Texas July 1st. We'll post them here and they will be 100% excuse free.

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man...I had to wait all day to check the action out on this thread.

Mark...you did make a faster/quicker pass than we did at VOI, but that is like saying you qualified number 1 and went out first round. It only counts when you win the round bro. Other than that, you have a nice dinosaur...really amazing to see that level of power and consistency from the gen 1.

Jamie...dude, you don't see me at any of your events because I am actually competing at SANCTIONED events (NMCA, NMRA, FFW, NSCA, NHRA)....not Street Night at your local track. I could give a **** about running at a Viper "event"....VOI was OK, but what is at stake???? NO CASH...NO WINSTON GIRL....Were you at VOI last year???? If so, you would have seen me, Mark, Albert, et al at the track..."running the number"....WHERE WERE YOU??????? THE Viper event of the year and you were probably practicing launching on radials at an abandoned supermarket parking lot.

As an aside, I have more seat time in the 800 TT than anyone...no, its not my car....but it is my project. With that being said...my offer still stands...come to Texas, and I will even turn the boost down to match yours. 5psi to 5 psi...and you will still lose. Don't sing it....Bring it.

I'M SORRY, BUT YOU ARE THE WEAKEST LINK....BUH BYE!
tongue.gif
clown.gif
clown.gif
smile.gif