Maybe not completely out....

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I am going crazy --- saw a black SRT 10 tonight while driving my C6 and really waffled right back to Viper --- my primary concern about buying a 2005 SRT 10 was driven by the posts on this site regarding loss of control....got to admit there are quite a few thus the re-interest in the Z (I have owned 5 vettes and quite frankly the exterior style has gotten boring thus the time noodling on this site). Anyway, if I bought a new 05 what can I do to improve the grip of the car? I understand the stock viper comes with runflats like most Vettes -- what tire replacement is available for these stock tires? Lastly, there is a local dealer in Pa that has quite a few SRT 10s....given your experience what price range represents a "good deal" for a new SRT 10? The stickers are around $85k or so.... Thanks

nazology

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be honest, I love the new coupe. But I am going to go with the SRT 10 vert because I can ****** an 03 or 04 with no more than two thousand miles on them for high 60's. I cant pay 85K for a car right now thats brand new. I am a current Z06 owner, 2004 model. I cant be more excited about the day I am driving my SRT 10, hopefully its soon.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What he said. It's too late. Buy you're Z06. It's too late. Once you made that post about not buying the Viper, we all took you seriously and a man of your word... Don't be unreliable.

What Carrot said, again, Too Late...your out.

G

SRTJOE

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Too late. You're out.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Its the end of the Viper era indeed!! It will be cool to see those snake headlights in the rearview mirror I bet! -Turbo63

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Turbo63, one could argue that you may have been trying to play us lately with your, 'I'm considering an SRT-10 so plz help', especially with above such comments you've posted. Who knows... Anyway--go on and enjoy your new Vette, 9 months or so from now, but no need to spew any more rearview mirror BS here. The stock SRT-10 is the hottest convertible south of $200K+ and the Z06 fixed roof coming out isn't going to change that. BTW, if you had needed even more from the Snake, Paxton is readily available and turns things hotter by cranking up the hp to 750hp or so, does this for under 10K, and you don't have to break into the engine either. Maybe you should have done more 'research'...

Hisserman...sorry for the slight side stepping to your thread but letting Turbo63's bops stand would be nutz.

Too late. You're out. :2tu:

FLYNLO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man I am going crazy --- saw a black SRT 10 tonight while driving my C6 and really waffled right back to Viper --- my primary concern about buying a 2005 SRT 10 was driven by the posts on this site regarding loss of control....got to admit there are quite a few thus the re-interest in the Z (I have owned 5 vettes and quite frankly the exterior style has gotten boring thus the time noodling on this site). Anyway, if I bought a new 05 what can I do to improve the grip of the car? I understand the stock viper comes with runflats like most Vettes -- what tire replacement is available for these stock tires? Lastly, there is a local dealer in Pa that has quite a few SRT 10s....given your experience what price range represents a "good deal" for a new SRT 10? The stickers are around $85k or so.... Thanks

I'll be frank with you. Most people who are telling you that they were going easy on the car, and they lost control, are only telling you 50% of the truth. IMHO, the car is EASY to drive, as a matter of fact, it's VERY easy. Most people who lose control and wreck, are those who are in the process of switching lanes and at the same time drop it into 2nd gear at 4k rpm, and SMASH the throttle. Well NO S&%#!!! Of course you will lose control..
try this next time you drive one in fair temperature. Accelerate through first easily to 2k rpm. Drop it into second, and take it slowly. Then drop the hammer in a controlled manner and hold on to the steering wheel with two hands!!!!! Only remove when you shift. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to drive a viper without wrecking it. I don't know where the hell some of these people "learned" to drive a car in the first place..

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too late. You're out.

Quote:

Its the end of the Viper era indeed!! It will be cool to see those snake headlights in the rearview mirror I bet! -Turbo63

Turbo63, one could argue that you may have been trying to play us lately with your, 'I'm considering an SRT-10 so plz help', especially with above such comments you've posted. Who knows... Anyway--go on and enjoy your new Vette, 9 months or so from now, but no need to spew any more rearview mirror BS here. The stock SRT-10 is the hottest convertible south of $200K+ and the Z06 fixed roof coming out isn't going to change that. BTW, if you had needed even more from the Snake, Paxton is readily available and turns things hotter by cranking up the hp to 750hp or so, does this for under 10K, and you don't have to break into the engine either. Maybe you should have done more 'research'...

Hisserman...sorry for the slight side stepping to your thread but letting Turbo63's bops stand would be nutz.

Too late. You're out. :2tu:

its quite alright all this rear view talk is just fine but wait until the coupe hits the streets I have it from someone in the know that the car WILL have 600HP when its released so go right ahead and get the z06 and I promise I GUARAN DAMM TEEE you will be sorry when you see what you could have got, all this of course giving you the beneift of the doubt that your not really a vette troll and if you are go back and tell them the REAL specs.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will be honest, I love the new coupe. But I am going to go with the SRT 10 vert because I can ****** an 03 or 04 with no more than two thousand miles on them for high 60's. I cant pay 85K for a car right now thats brand new. I am a current Z06 owner, 2004 model. I cant be more excited about the day I am driving my SRT 10, hopefully its soon.
I have a nice '03 that I'll sell you for MID 60's!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
its quite alright all this rear view talk is just fine but wait until the coupe hits the streets I have it from someone in the know that the car WILL have 600HP when its released so go right ahead and get the z06 and I promise I GUARAN DAMM TEEE you will be sorry when you see what you could have got, all this of course giving you the beneift of the doubt that your not really a vette troll and if you are go back and tell them the REAL specs.

Stugots, you better be right, 'cause if you're wrong, I am going to start sticking some pins in a little doll I have here. I'm keeping the faith because of you (and maybe Chris a little too).

Sure hope the next 6 months are some kind of exciting.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stugots, you better be right, 'cause if you're wrong, I am going to start sticking some pins in a little doll I have here. I'm keeping the faith because of you (and maybe Chris a little too).

Sure hope the next 6 months are some kind of exciting.

Trust me I got it from a very very good source

rbarta

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't get why you are so worried about losing control. 500hp/525lbft is a lot to handle, but that is a big reason why you want the car. Take a driving course and learn to drive a high hp/tq car, if it is in a Viper you can use that experience to make your choice.

If you are so worried, maybe you should not be driving either car as they will both get you in a heap of trouble very quickly if you don't know what you are doing. And you should note that Corvettes at the race track typically turn off the electronic controls...these are babysitters for those who cannot handle the power.

It seems that it is the Viper that gets you excited, then just buy it and you will be happy. Good luck.

TomSlick

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The new Z06 looks interesting, but one thing I would look at is at what RPM does the Corvette hit its maximum HP. I think you will find that the V/10 will hit 500 HP sooner than the 427. The low-end torque is alot of fun, plus the styling of the Viper is ALOT better, and you will be the only one around with that car. So, don't jump on the new Z06 bandwagon until you see what's going on at DC. I too think there will be a surprise.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32