Members Only

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay something strange is up? If I try to access the "Members Only" forum from the home page, it states I'm not logged in "Access Denied". Although I am logged in. The drop down menu for the "Forums" doesn't even show a "Members Only" section once your past the Home Page. What's Up?
I decided to view who was online, and noticed an "Anonymous User" viewing the "Members Only" section. How is this Possible? Yes I know this is RT/10 and GTS forum, but I figured I would get an answer sooner here. Thanks :confused:

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I still can't get into the members only forum. Actually, I don't even know what's in there so I don't know if I'm missing anything good or not. :crazy:

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been having the same trouble. I click on members only and it says I'm not logged in. I login and it still won't let me in. Same thing with the "off topic" forum.

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have never been able to access that section. Do I have to get on a list or something to be able to get in?

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I used to be able to get in "off topic" all the time.
If I'm logged in and click on "off topic" it tells me that access is denied cause I'm not logged in. I log in and click and does the same thing.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Comfab and 02 Graphite are already set up and must be doing something wrong, don't know what at this point. I reset and hit the update button on your profiles just for good measure. Log completly out and reboot your computers. The rest of you need to add your vin and your VCA number to your profile, I then check your profile with VCA at JRThompson and turn on your access to that forum.
And I'm going to move this to Board suggestions/questions.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just tried, I tried to put in my vca number and it comes up signature to long!!!!!

OP
OP
C

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried logging out completely, rebooting etc. Still no luck! To summarize, here's what's happening. The only place I can find the Member's Only forum is off the Home page using the horizontal drop drop down menu's. Using that menu it states I'm not logged in. If I click on the [Login] area it says welcome Camfab. Now the only way to get to the forum in question is to go back to the home page and use the menu again. I get the same old BS, [access denied] you must login. Why is this site such a pain, you've got to hunt down the different forums because they are not available in each menu. Why would you have a horizontal drop down menu for forums, and another forums click point on the same page with incomplete lists? Members Only forum somewhere else.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the new "maximum occupancy" feature.....for safety reasons of course

Just like a bar or club only so many can get in.......now you can grease the bouncers palm by sending Lee a fiddy!

HOLY COW......you wouldn't BELIEVE what just happened in there

ROTFLOL!!

HLN A55

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Comfab and 02 Graphite are already set up and must be doing something wrong, don't know what at this point. I reset and hit the update button on your profiles just for good measure. Log completly out and reboot your computers. The rest of you need to add your vin and your VCA number to your profile, I then check your profile with VCA at JRThompson and turn on your access to that forum.
And I'm going to move this to Board suggestions/questions.
All my info is in the system, and I still can't get in :confused:

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We may have stumbled on a little problem, but I don't think so. but to summarize. Just adding your number won't do it or any yoho like lespaul ccould type a number in and get access. You add your number, let an admin know, we check the national list to make sure you are on it, we need your real name for that, not your board name. If you check out then the admin goes in and checks the box under groups that opens that section for you. So I will work on the guys who just mentioned that they added their number a little later today. You don't have to contact me, just make sure your full name is in your profile. To those few who are not seeing the forum that I mentioned earler have been set up...ignore the dropdown, when you log in it should take you to your home page, at that time click on main index and you should see all the forums you are eligible for. I get emails all day from guys who can't see this forum and it is simply that they are not logged in, you MUST be logged in EVERY time to see it. A good check is to look for snake pit grill, if you are not logged in you will not see that either. Also it sounds simplistic but look at the top bar, if it says logout you are in, if it says login you are not in. If it does not say logout you ain't gona see snake pit or VCA only. Again it sounds stupid to review this but I have a few guys every day that get logged off by their computers and freak out that they can't get in. I will look at all you guys this afternoon but the two I mentioned earler need to try the stuff I mentioned.

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone tried clearing their history and cookies out of your browser? I know every now and then I'll come to the website and it won't let me log in beacause it thinks I already am. But then I can't do all the regular things beacuse I'm not logged in. I'm not saying there aren't possibly additional problems, but for some of you this may be the case. For the rest can't help. See an admin...

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Batboy has a good suggestion, log out of the forum and clear your cookies, your old cookie may be remembering you as non VCA. Everybody on this thread is fixed up if they had VCA in their title, which means you were cleared once before. Anybody else add your number or pm me.

jaydoc1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ah, I have VCA in my title but I still can't get in. In fact, now I've had a new password sent to my e-mail address for some reason, but depending on where I go on the site it sometimes says I'm not logged in. I'm thinking I'll just not use the site until these items are all fixed. It's just not all that useable for me right now with all these glitches.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< but depending on where I go on the site it sometimes says I'm not logged in. >>

if you see this, just click on "MAIN INDEX". works for me everytime.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<< but depending on where I go on the site it sometimes says I'm not logged in. >>

Thats because you are the avatar man!!!!!! :D

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thats because you are the avatar man!!!!!! :D

hm. is that why i am seeing the naked ******* waitresses when i log in? ;)

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ah, I have VCA in my title but I still can't get in. In fact, now I've had a new password sent to my e-mail address for some reason, but depending on where I go on the site it sometimes says I'm not logged in. I'm thinking I'll just not use the site until these items are all fixed. It's just not all that useable for me right now with all these glitches.

Heellllloooo Jaydoc, we need your VCA number, it ain't the site it's the missing number. Post it here, pm me, email me, gotta have that number, you might be lespaul56 for all I know, lol, you ain't gettin past the velvet rope without the number. Fair enough? :D