membership directory

happy56

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I travel a lot for business and was wondering is there a national directory? I have my KY/IN one in the glovebox of my Viper in case something happens on the road. I belong to another club(Lincoln Zephyr Owners) and have met different people along the way, just saying hi, using the directory.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would hope it is only by username on this site, not personal info.

but good idea.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi, happy56...glad you like the Directory...our 10th such publication !!

I certainly understand your stated desire...but I doubt that it will happen as there are plenty of folks out there who do not want their info treated in such a way. It is for that very reason that when Wife and I started the directory concept originally, we sent a check-off "Directory Info Sheet" to EVERY MEMBER allowing the member to opt in or out of the any and all entries. Some are comfortable with listing all contact info, some do partial, one has done name only. As a matter of fact, I ALWAYS encourage female members to "go lightly" on the info...suggesting cell phone and e-mail address rather that home addresses...and, most agree.

The National VCA office has always abided by the Federal Privacy Act...noting that they do not, can not, and will not tell the local Regions the name of NEW Viper purchasers UNLESS said purchaser gives them permission directly. This has caused a fair amount of bad feelings in the past as said purchasers have expressed feeling let down by Dodge because the VCA Region never contacted them. Also, said purchasers have expressed rather cold feelings toward the Region itself as they felt the officers had ignored them (not realizing that said officers had never even heard of them !!). This is especially true once the purchaser figures out that the "free membership" lasts one year.. and the clock starts running the day of the sale !!!

As far as being stuck on the road and having trouble...many "post" on this board...but I suggest that you CALL one of us ASAP and let us help find a solution and/or help !!!

jwolf

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BMWMOA "BMW Motorcycles owner Association" publishes what is called “BMW's Anonymous” Small 5”x4” book with several hundred pages. Will fit in bags.

It is laid out by Country, state and town, each town also states what large town it is near.
Inclusion is voluntary but this has thousands of entries.

Under the town it list a phone numbers as the listed’s choices for a list of codes, no names.

Codes are like
CC coffee and conversation.
TL Tools
G Garage space
T Trailer
V vintage bikes
M Mechanic
LI Local Information
CS Camping space

There is a bunch. I can remember and these aren’t correct, but you get the idea include codes for I will come pick up within 50 or 10 miles whatever they choose.

So the listing would be like
Indiana
Vincennes (50 mile north of Evansville 50 mile south of Terre Haute)
(000) 000-0000 M, T, TL
(000) 000 1111 CP, T, G

I have been called 3 times.
One a guy looking for campground and I told him where anear one was and I rode over a met him.
One guy for information, never seen him.
One man who had an accident and his wife had been take to the hospital.
I pick him up and put his bike in my trailer, took him to check in to a motel then dropped him off at the hospital and brought his bike to my house. Looking over his bike the only thing wrong was a flat shredded rear tire. This was a Sunday all bike shops were closed and they are also closed on Monday, But I had an old well used tire I had removed from one of my bikes that fit so I put it on and got his bike running. When back the hospital and pick him and his wife up she was released, took them and the bike to their motel and they were able to continue their trip the next morning.

So these books can be very useful.

They also list all the local BMW dealers in each town.